Chapter 26

Two days later, on Friday; Isaac gave them all a message from Argent; they were to meet up at the clinic to discuss what he had found regarding the Arachne.

It was about 7 p.m. when they got the word. On his way to the clinic, Stiles decided to take the short way which was by a solitary street on the edge of the forest. He was aware of the danger but it was very early for a spider to go out to play, he thought.

He was near the end of that street when the jeep bumped violently; he hit the brake and got out cursing. He checked the engine but everything seemed in place, then he went for the tires; two of them had a strange object like sharpened bones protruding. Taking it as a bad sign he instinctively thought about running but a memory flashed in the back of his brain

"Whatever happens, don't leave your jeep" Deaton said once.

He didn't know why but he wasn't going to ignore the wise man advice. He searched for his phone and when he found it and began dialing, the jeep began moving backward as if it was being pulled by something. He started the engine and tried to move but the flat tires made it difficult.

"Come on baby, you can do it" he urged and hit the gas moving forward, he knew he couldn't go far but he hopped to at least get out of the forest range. When he was taking a turn another tire exploded and the vehicle was pulled from the passenger's side with such force making it flip. Stiles hit his head hard against something and passed out.

"Where's Stiles?" Derek asked quietly hiding his concern.

"He was home, he's the one that lives farthest from here so he'll come later, don't worry" Scott replied, Derek sighed.

"Okay so what did you find?" Derek asked Chris.

"To be completely honest, nothing concluding. I've been researching but there's not really much about this creature, at least not more than we already know." He whispered.

"Then what are we doing here?" Jackson snapped.

"Hey, mind your attitude" Lydia said.

"You, I don't know; because I told Isaac only to call Stiles, Scott, Derek and Lydia" Chris replied bitterly. "Because I didn't found anything useful on the creature I decided to investigate about the source of it. Athena I mean" he said "And that's where Stiles comes in, I'm pretty sure he can find a link in all this." He added.

"Let's wait for him then" Scott said.

Fifteen minutes more passed and Stiles hadn't appeared. "What's taking him so long?" Derek grunted.

"I'll call him" Liam said dialing. The ringing went on and on until he was sent to voice mail. He tried again, and again, and again. He never got an answer.

"Lydia, are you sensing something?" Derek asked.

She closed her eyes and focused "No... Nothing." She said worried.

"I'm going to search for him" Derek said getting up.

"Wait, I'm coming too. It's dangerous to go by your own" Liam offered, Derek looked at him for about two seconds and then nodded.

"Isaac you come with us; Chris you take Scott and Jackson. Let's meet up here in two hours top. If Lydia's not sensing anything he's not in danger. At least not mortal... Yet" he said with concern weighing heavy on his words.

"Why do I have to search for your boyfriend? Do it by yourself" Jackson protested.

"Because I'm your alpha and I command you to do it!" he yelled, his irises glowing red.

"Compel... That one never fails. I think I like you Derek" Lydia said with a big grin on her face.

They left searching for the boy. Derek and the two betas went directly to the Stilinski house. The jeep wasn't there and the scent was already fading. "Damn" Derek whispered entering the house and getting out a second earlier "Isaac, catch" he said throwing him a crumpled shirt "we're tracking him down"