Chapter 18

One of early March days Lydia saw a flier about a Hindi festival in downtown Beacon Hills and she insisted that they should go. No one understood why the sudden interest and excitement; however, hesitantly, everyone agreed.

They made their way to the mall and stood in a balcony in the second floor of the building in order to get a better view. The show was entertaining, the robes and dances were beautiful and amusing. Even Derek, who agreed to go only to keep watch over the teenagers, was having a good time. The animator announced the last dance and about ten girls appeared on stage.

The show was amazing; the effects with light and often with fire made the dancers robes shine and dazzle the crowd. For the ending of the dance, the girls formed a line one behind the other, then all of them raised their arms straight up. Then the first of the line lowered to her sides, the second one also lowered her arms but to a higher point than the girl in front of her; the third one a bit higher and so on until the last one barely mover hers; making an optical illusion were the first girl had several arms.

The crowd was excited; but to Stiles something was wrong. He didn't know why but he was shaking, the face of the dancer wasn't visible, only her silhouette and her apparently multiple limbs; fear began to rise inside him making its way to the surface. He felt his body go still, sweat pouring from everywhere; his legs were trembling badly and suddenly he was no longer able to keep standing and fell to the ground. He started screaming and kicking his eyes tightly shut.

"Help! It's going kill Liam and me!" he screamed.

"Stiles! Stiles it's a panic attack, calm down! Try to breathe!" Scott kneeled beside him "Move! Give him space so he can get air!" he yelled and everyone stepped back. "Calm down Stiles! You need to breathe slowly!" Scott urged but the boy couldn't stop.

"It's coming to get me! I can't move, help me!" Stiles was suffocated.

"This is worse than the last time! I'm sorry... I didn't know this was going to happen" Lydia whispered.

Derek moved pushing Scott aside, he knelt down and leant forward putting his hand on the boy's shoulder "Stiles listen to my voice! Open your eyes and listen to my voice, focus! It's just a panic attack you're fine! You're going to be alright."

"Derek? Derek where are you? Help me please! It's the creature! It's going to kill me Derek!", he used his hand to cup Stiles face between them and keep trying to bring him back to his senses without success.

He was so worried about Stiles that the only way he thought to calm him was to lean forward and kiss him.

He intended it to be a plain kiss; however, at the bare contact of Stiles' lips with his own, his heart took over; he closed his eyes, and his fast heartbeats told him to deepen the kiss. Stiles suddenly felt a shiver originating on his face run through his body, which made him open his eyes and what he saw, made him freeze.

When he didn't get a response, Derek opened his eyes and saw Stiles looking at him; in his gorgeous chocolate eyes he could see traces of fading fear and also surprise and astonishment. Stiles looked into Derek's deep and beautiful green eyes; he saw despair, hurt and worry; it took a split second to make Stiles go along and kiss back with tenderness and passion and closed his eyes again once he saw joy in Derek's eyes. Derek watched how Stiles' eyes filled with happiness before closing them again; Derek also closed his eyes and let his lips and senses guide him through a world where time didn't exist and anything else that wasn't Stiles or didn't belong to Stiles didn't exist.

They were affectionately kissing and moving their lips in perfect sync when Stiles, by instinct, ran slowly his tongue on Derek's lower lip and below it feeling the softness of his short beard; Derek couldn't resist the urge and opened his mouth a bit more barely sliding his tongue out and reaching for Stiles' one. At their contact the shivers were replaced by an electric current which made their bodies tingle and kiss more fiercely.