Chapter 33

Two and a half weeks later

It was six in the morning, Stiles was snoring, drooling and hugging his pillow with his left arm; the blanket had fallen to the floor at some point of the night. His right arm over his head, his hair was a complete mess. Derek entered through the window and shook his head with a goofy smile seeing the disaster Stiles was even when he was sleeping.

He gently caressed the boy's cheeks and kissed his temple "Wake up Stiles."

He moved his eyes without opening them and spoke with a raspy voice "Is that you Derek?"

"Yes, get up it's late already"

"Get lost! It's Spring break! I get to sleep late" he said rolling to his left side.

"Stiles, get up, now!" Derek's patience running low.

"I don't listen even to my dad, why would I listen to you?" he asked defiantly with a smirk, eyes still closed.

"Because your dad won't rip your throat off" he threatened.

"Not falling for that... You wouldn't either" Stiles teased almost singing.

"Don't tempt your luck Stiles... However I can do this..." Derek said and Stiles rolled to his right side with his lips pursed as if expecting for a kiss from Derek when the older boy threw him a glass of cold water all over his face.

"You bastard! You'll-" he jumped furious and Derek quickly leaped forward and went for his lips kissing him fiercely. "I hate you, I'm gonna rip your hairy wolfy fur off and make a coat with it" Stiles threatened when the older boy broke the kiss.

"I'm not falling for that... You wouldn't" Derek mimicked Stiles' raspy voice and chuckled. "Come on, get a shower and get dressed, I'll wait for you in the living room" he said and got out of the room.

After fifteen minutes Stiles appeared and saw his dad and Derek sitting on the couch talking. At his dad's side were two suitcases. "Dad where are you going?" he inquired baffled.

"What?" the sheriff asked confused.

"He's not going anywhere." Derek said calmly "You are... We are. We're leaving Beacon Hills for the week; we'll be back probably at Saturday or Sunday. The sheriff already gave his permission for you to miss school on Friday" Derek explained.

"Really? Like a field trip? Cool!"

"Let's get something to eat and then we leave okay?" Derek suggested.

"Sure" Stiles replied excited.

After breakfast, the sheriff got up and cleaned the dishes. "Okay guys, be very careful okay? There are many dangers in the highways and major cities and stuff-"

"Dad, I'm with an alpha werewolf, we'll be just fine" Stiles interrupted.

"Yeah, I know... It's him I'm worried that could get hurt because of you... Anyway, be careful and try not to piss the man okay?" the sheriff said lowering his voice while talking to his son.

"You hurt me dad, you know that? Have I ever pissed you Derek?"

"Do I really have to answer that?" Derek questioned with a serious look on his face "Don't worry sheriff, you have my word we'll be fine. I'll make him call you every hour if necessary." the old man nodded, bid their farewells and left. After him, they too got out of the house and Stiles opened the back door of his jeep.

"What are you doing? We're traveling long so we'll do it in my car." Derek said giving a dismissive glance at the jeep.

"What do have against her? She's a warrior!" Stiles said offended.