Chapter 27

"What!? Do you still keep some of it doc?" Stiles asked surprised.

"Of course I do. I always keep samples" Deaton said sounding almost offended by the question.

"Great, can you try it with Mr. Argent, Lydia and Mason?"

Deaton nodded and went for three quite long strings. Each human and the banshee took one.

"Well, how did it go?"

"Stiles, this is sticky. It doesn't fall apart" Lydia said disgusted.

"Great, why only me again?" he said sighing.

"Hmm... Out of curiosity... What is Stiles scent?" Deaton asked out of nowhere.

"Spearmint" Liam and Derek said at the same time not seeing the relevance in the question.

"That makes sense... You see, mint has a peculiar effect on spider webs. Not only their webs but the spiders in general; it can denaturalizes some of the proteins of the spider webs. And mint is also commonly used to keep spider away from houses." Deaton said excited.

"So in other words... I'm immune to the Arachne's spider web?" Stiles asked confused.

"In simple words. Yes."

They all heard a beeping "Damn, my phone is about to die" Stiles said worried.

"Don't worry, Jackson and Chris are coming with me to get you." Derek said.

"Why me!?" Jackson complained.

"Because you are freaking Athena's Shield! And because your alpha commands you!" Stiles snapped making everyone in the room laugh.

"Okay Stiles we're coming. Stay where you are if anything happens call me. Can you charge up your phone in the jeep?" Derek asked.

"Hey, I know it's ancient but yes"

"Okay. Try to be safe" Derek said and hung up rushing out the clinic with Chris and Jackson behind him.

"It should be around here. Don't let your guard down" he said and they got down of Derek's car. It took them about ten minutes to see smashed glass on the pavement. They spread out and Chris found signs of something being dragged in the grass. He called them and they together followed the trail. After fifteen minutes they reached the spot where the marks disappeared

"The marking ends here but the jeep is nowhere to be seen" Chris said.

"Stiles?" Derek yelled filled with worry.

"Derek?"

The three of them widened their eyes in surprise and disbelief; they turned their gaze up and saw a huge web between the trees, several feet above the ground. 

"Stiles listen to me, carefully open the door and jump, I'll catch you"

"Jump? Catch? What are you- Oh holy Jesus!" he said as he opened the door and saw the distance between him and the floor "I hate heights! I hate Spiders!"

"You hate everything Stiles. Just jump already and I'll catch you" Derek said.

"You're joking right? If you miss I'll break every single bone, not to mention I could die!"

"Trust me, I'll catch you" Derek promised with a soft voice, Stiles nodded and hesitantly jumped with his eyes closed.

A second after Stiles jumped, Derek did too, managing to catch the boy in the air "See? I got you" he said landing with on knee firmly on the ground and holding Stiles.

"You're in the same position you were after you returned to your human self over five months ago" Stiles said blinking several times.

"I know" Derek smiled "We should be going."