Chapter 9

A/N: Okay this one turned out to be quite longer than the others, sorry for that D:

Two weeks later

"What If I were a mercenary? Would I get to have a chance then? Like Braden?" Stiles yelled with a mixture of anger and disappointment.

"I don't know what you are talking about Stiles" said Derek rubbing his temples with a hint of annoyance on his features.

"Oh really!? And what about if I were a Darach?" Said Stiles even angrier than before earning a killer glare from Derek "You know, like our sweet school teacher Jennifer!" said Stiles with a cocky tone.

"Okay that's enough of you! You have no right to mention..." began Derek getting closer to Stiles with his right index raised in a warning mode.

"Mention what!? The fact you trusted at first sight in a creature who wanted to destroy your whole race? Let me guess... Flammable past in common?" said Stiles with contemp.

At the sound of the boy's words, Derek launched himself forward, his eyes glowing red, his facial hair fully grown and teeth turned to fangs already and claws extending from his fingers grabbing Stiles by the neck with his left hand and raising him from the ground while keeping him pinned against the wall "I said enough! You just crossed a line you puny teenager human! You have no idea what it feels..." Derek was half screaming half roaring in Stiles' face when, again, got interrupted by the boy.

"What it feels to lose your family? Perhaps not completely but let me remind you, you are not the one who lost his mother! You think losing your family is bad? You think that is horrible? Well, let me tell you something Mr. Orphan Wolf! I also lost my mother; and you don't have the slightest idea what it feels to lose the person you loved the most, and that she was no longer herself anymore because of some weird disease Derek!" A tear appeared from his right eye. At the sight, Derek returned to his human self and loosened a bit his grip on Stiles' neck but the boy kept talking.

"Do you know how it feels that your own mother rejects you and that she believes you are the source of her misfortune!?" The werewolf, taken aback, only managed to open his mouth to say something but was interrupted by Stiles.

"Yes Derek now I know it was because of her condition but guess what, when you are as young as I was then, I didn't understand that. I spent almost five years thinking it was really my doing!" More tears rolling down the boy's cheek "So don't come to me and tell me I don't know what pain is, because I know it as well as you do Derek!" His voice shaking and full of grief, anger, deception, even guilt and tears washing along his cheeks. With a single movement of his hands he got free from Derek's grip and headed for the door looking to the ground.

Once he raised his head to open the door he saw Scott standing there, quiet and looking like if the words he just said were meant for him; but that was not quite everything; he looked puzzled also, and before Stiles could ask how much of that he had heard, Derek called his name and grabed the sleeve of his sweater at the exact same moment that Scott spoke.

"Okay guys, what was that yelling about? It was easily heard from the parking lot you know..." he said trying to lighten the mood in the loft.

"Yeah, it could be... Only if you are a werewolf Scotty" said Stiles wiping the tears from his face and trying and failing miserably to sound cool at the time he jerked his arm forward releasing from Derek's grip-again-.