Chapter 36

------------------------------
A/N: Hey there! Well this turned out a lot shorter than I expected so this is the final chapter. I hope you enjoy it ^^
------------------------------

When the match ended, Derek told Stiles to wait until everyone left so they could also leave. Soon after the stadium was empty a man got close to them and greeted Derek. "Mr. Hale! I'm glad to see you made it" the man said stretching his hand, Derek took it and nodded "Is this the boy you said you wanted to surprise?"

"Yes, he is. And I take you being here means you accepted my request." Derek said keeping his coolness.

"Hey, you are... Derek how do you know him? What request?" Stiles asked.

"Long story boy, it's enough to say that Derek and I are long time acquaintances. You see; Derek told me that you love baseball and you always carry a bat around. He wanted to see how good you were so he asked me to throw a ball or two at you; how does it sound to you?" The man explained amused.

"What!? But you're a professional! I would never hit a ball thrown by you!" Stiles said.

"Hey, give it a try." Derek requested putting his hand on Stiles' shoulder, the boy reluctantly nodded. They got down to the field and got in position.

"I'll tell you what, I'll throw three balls at you; if you manage to hit one, you can keep it as a souvenir, how about that? Each one of them is signed by a player of the team, by the way" the man told Stiles and his eyes lit up.

"Cool! Bring it on then!" Stiles said confident.

To both men surprise, the boy only missed one hit. Stiles was proud of himself, he had now three balls that he would treasure for the rest of his life probably. After a while longer, they bid their farewells to the man and left the stadium looking for something to eat.

They made it to a fine looking restaurant that Stiles rejected at first because it seemed quite expensive but after some assertiveness from Derek -he literally dragged Stiles out from the car to the restaurant table- they received the menu and were given some time to decide what to order.

"That was pretty impressive back there Stiles." Derek said still quite astonished while browsing the menu.

"I told you you'd be surprised. You clearly don't know me as well as you think." Stiles teased.

"Right..." Derek whispered and the waiter appeared.

"May I have your order sir?" he asked to Derek.

"A plate of grilled steak and a glass of red wine please."

"How about you fine young man?" the waiter turned to Stiles.

"I'll take... Breaded shrimps with fries and a coke please."

"I'll be right back with your drinks" the restaurant employee said taking the menus back.

"He likes you" Derek said playfully.

"What are you taking about? It's his job to be nice" Stiles replied.

"He stinks of arousal for you" Derek said serious.

"Here are your drinks" the man announced. "Your wine sir..." he placed the glass in front of Derek; "and your coke..." he said handing the glass to Stiles and discreetly brushing Stiles' fingers with the tip of his'.

"Okay that was weird..." Stiles said eyeing suspiciously at the waiter once he had left.

"Told you" Derek rolled his eyes.

"Whatever... So, you said you had to bring me here to the game, why was that?" curiosity to its maximum on Stiles' mind and face.

"Well, I had a plan to do something during the match... I just didn't take into account that you would be so into the game" Derek said shrugging at the memory of a completely different Stiles during the match.