Chapter 17

Camila's POV

We we're all gathered in Lauren's hospital room. Clara, Normani, Mike, and Dinah had come back. You can feel the tension in the air and all the silence was making it worse. Lauren was still out and my hand remained wrapped around hers. 

I hear someone clear their throat. "Camila..." I hear a whisper. When I look next to me I see Normani, she looks really sad. "We need to talk to you. Can you please step out into the hallway with us for a moment?" She asks with hesitation. I shake my head.

"No, I'm staying here. Whatever you need to say you can say it, but I am not moving." I say sternly. She sighs. I hear more footsteps coming over to where we are. When I turn to look at who is there I see that everyone is surrounding Lauren's bed. 

Clara speaks up but in a low whisper, "Alright, me and Normani discussed this and now all of you need to know something....I have decided with some input from Mike and Normani that we are going to have an intervention for Lauren. She's going to rehab. I got legal papers from the doctors saying that she is a potential danger to herself so by law she will be checked into a psychiatric hospital for up to two weeks. She has no choice. Camila, we need you to support this decision. You need to know that this is what's best for Lauren. Don't you want what's best for her?" 

By now my heart had dropped and I was frozen. My mind felt empty and numb yet overwhelmed by so many emotions. I couldn't cope with the thought of not having Lauren with me. But I needed to support the idea of recovery for her. I want her to get better and I want her to be happy. She might die if this goes on, this needs to stop. It cannot keep going on. I nod and release one of my hands from the grasp of Lauren's hands so that I can clean my face. Tears were flowing freely and I was a mess.

Everybody came and one by one hugged me. 

"Tomorrow morning we are going to have the intervention, too much has happened today and Lauren is in no condition to handle that much being thrown on her. Tonight let's talk about what we will say. Does that sound alright?" Normani says. We all nod. 

"Alright, I'm pretty sure she'll be asleep all night. She's exhausted. How about we go home since it's getting late? It's only 6:30 but we need to discuss what we will say and get rest because tomorrow is a big day and today has been a tough day. What do you say?" Clara says. Everything is quiet for a moment before everybody but me has agreed. Everyone turns to me and I just keep my eyes on my lap. Ally's voice fills the room a moment later, "Let's go home Mila, you need rest. This isn't healthy for you. You'll get to see her tomorrow. The nurse outside will check in on her and let us know if anything happens, okay? Come on, let's go." She gives me a small gesture to come.

And with that I slowly get up and kiss my beautiful girlfriend's forehead before leaving. Tomorrow is going to be difficult but I need to be there for Lauren. I need to let go and do what is best for her.

~

Lauren's POV

Intervention? Well shit. Great, just my luck. Fucking rehab. 

I had awoken to Camila moving her hands a little as she said that she refuses to leave my side and that whatever the person that had been talking to her needs to say they can say it right here. The whole conversation, everything, I had heard. I have no damn choice. The problem here is...I don't want to get better. 

I refuse to. I finally see myself as skinny. I like the bones. I know that that is horrible to say but I like it and I don't care what other's think. I don't want to get better. I self harm in order to cope, it is my escape. I drink to escape. The pills are my escape. I starve, I binge, I purge so that I can feel good about myself, so I can escape the pain and feel it in another form. When you feel nothing positive about yourself and all you feel is disgust and hatred, you take measures into your own hands and change it. This is me changing so I can be happy. I'm happy like this. I don't care how miserable I am. The misery is my happiness. They need to fuck off and leave me alone. I don't care if I die, at least I'll die happy and skinny. There is no way in hell I am going.