Chapter 35

One month and a half later

Camila's POV

She's getting out today. She's getting out TODAY. SHE'S GETTING OUT TODAY!!!!

I can't help but smile when my stomach starts doing back flips from the excitement. I'm on my way to pick up Lauren from rehab. She's getting out a WHOLE MONTH EARLIER than expected because she's been obeying the rules and making an effort to gain weight and get better. She's only had about three break downs since she was checked in til now. But each time she has gone and sought help and called me as well as did everything she could to get back up. She nearly relapsed one night a couple weeks ago but instead she took the sharp object she had created and walked down to her therapist to talk about it. Lauren has impressed everyone there with the amount of strength she has shown. She was the one that told her doctor in the rehab that she wanted to move to the five meal plan where she ate five times a day instead of just three. She had three meals and two snacks. The two snacks were vitamin and mineral rich so they only gave her more strength. I can't even put into words how proud I am of her.

I pull into the parking lot and park the car. I grab my purse and make sure to hide Lauren's gift in the back seat. I crack the window of the car to keep the inside cool and step out of the car. When I'm finally inside I tell the lady that I was here for a pick up and gave her Lauren's name. She tells me to sit down for a moment while they go get Lauren. I sit down and watch the door excitedly. I haven't seen Lauren in about four weeks because she wanted it to be a surprise when I saw her. She said that she wanted to see my face when I saw her fully recovered and healthy. I've only been able to send her letters and call her, but now that I'll finally be able to see her and get to touch her, I can't sit still.

Lauren's POV

"Bye guys!" I say to everyone who's gathered to say goodbye to me. I go around and hug all of them. 

"I don't want to see you back here, understand?" One of my nurses tells me sternly.

"Haha, okay Dee. I'll miss you." I say to her, giving her a tight hug. 

For most of the people here, they won't be out of here for weeks. I've become close with some of them and I'll honestly miss them a lot. I've made friends and for that I'm happy. When I first got here I thought I'd be an outcast but as the days flew by I only met more and more people, especially at group therapy. This place has changed me for the good. 

I found that art can also be a way to vent and express how I feel without actually saying anything. All my time here has either been spent in the art room, painting and drawing or in the garden writing or just taking in every little detail and letting myself relax in the sereneness of it all. Or in the lounge reading. I learned that I should just spend time in my room when I'm going to go to sleep or lay down. Sometimes I write, draw, or read in my room but I tend to go out and about for these things so that I don't feel trapped and the negative thoughts won't get to me so easily. This helped me block them out, and now I can sit in silence and think happy thoughts rather than negative ones. 

There's also a music room here and I have taken lots of time to just play or sing for the heck of it, for fun. Not because I have to. I taught myself how to play a little bit of everything in that room. 

The journey I have had in here has been uplifting and life changing. I can't wait to get out and see how I can live my life with all the positive changes I have made to myself and apply what I learned in here to the outside world. 

I finish my round of goodbyes, especially the toughest goodbye of them all with my therapist. I will miss that woman, she's helped me more than she knows. There aren't words to express how grateful I am for her.