Chapter 30

Lauren's POV

After the first gun shot there were two more. The officers outside our door knock on it two times and then we hear running and yelling.

"That was the signal!" Lila's officer whisper yells. She moves everyone into the corner. "Signal for what?" Dani asks panicking. The gun shot had woken her and Lila up.

"That means that they are going to spread out, away from the door and two of them will go to find the source. One of them will go to the nurses' desk and hide, he will monitor the door and shoot anyone who attempts to enter. Stay as quiet as you can." The other lady police officer replies. She gestures for me to move and sit on Lila and Dani's bed. I quickly take out all the needles from my arm and move to their bed. The guy police officer comes over and begins to give us instructions while one o the girl officers goes and gives my family and the girls instructions. The other lady watches the door with a gun in hand. 

"Listen here, you are going to get up quietly and go inside the bathroom. You will sit down and be as quiet as you can, okay? Do not open the door for anyone. We will come for you when this is over and knock on the door very slowly. Four knocks, got it?" He asks. We all nod. "Okay, now go do exactly what I told you. Be very quiet." I stand up and grab Lila, wrapping her in the blanket. I hold Lila with one arm and hold Dani's hand with the other. We swiftly and quietly go to the bathroom and sit down. A moment later my whole family and the girls are in the bathroom too. This is a fairly large bathroom since it is for the disabled but it was still a little crowded. 

Taylor stands up and locks the door when the officers shut it and turns off the lights as well. We sit in silence, listening for any sort of sound that will tell us what is going on. But we only hear silence.

BANG

BANG 

BANG

Three gunshots go off and then there's silence. I can feel little hands holding onto my shirt tightly and my shirt getting a little wet. It was Lila, the poor thing is scared shitless just like the rest of us. I can feel Dani leaning into me more, burying her face into my side. Minutes pass by and there's only silence, which only worries me because the officers still haven't knocked.

"STOP RIGHT THERE AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" Someone yells outside the door. It was the voice of the guy police. That means...

They are IN the room...

Shit.

"And why would I want to do that?" Another unfamiliar voice replies. Another shot rings out. I'm praying to god that it was the bad guy. But then my heart sinks as two more shots are heard. I hear everyone hold their breath in anticipation that there would be four knocks but instead a loud pounding comes. 

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR OR I WILL SHOOT THROUGH THE DOOR AND KILL YOU!" The voice screams out.

I hear rapid whispering, "Please come quick." A voice whispers. I think it's Camila's voice. Wait...she's talking to the police, I can see her phone shining. 

"YOU HAVE FIVE SECONDS" They yell once again. There is bit of rustling and then light pours into the bathroom as the door opens. Camila had opened the door.

A tall man stands in the doorway looking in. He turns on the light and looks around. 

"You. Come here." He points to me. My heart stops right there and then. Why me? What could he want with me?

I stand up and hand Lila to Danielle. As I walk over to him everyone watches me in suspense. They have absolutely no idea what to do. And I'm dizzy as fuck because I hit my breaking point and can just now feel everything I should have been feeling from the anorexia. Chills run down my spine when I reach his side and he grabs my collar. 

"YOU were not supposed to get away. So I'm taking you back, just until I get paid. THEN I will kill you. So say goodbye to your family because you are coming with me. Everyone else can stay here." A smug smile sits on his pathetic face as he drags me away. Behind me I can hear Lila begin to cry loudly, "LAUREN!" She yells after me. This only breaks my heart. I won't be able to care for her now. Her and Dani will be alone now. Fucking shit, why the hell can't anything good ever come our way?

As we exit the room four men wearing black join us. I see the three police officer that were protecting us inside the room on the ground with blood coming our of their heads. When we walk out of the room there is just a blood bath. The officers that had been standing outside our room protecting it had been shot in the head as well. they drag me to the elevators where the last two police officers that had been protecting the entire floor were lying on the ground and blood poured out of their heads creating a huge puddle in the hallway. The smell of it all is just disgusting and I can't help but gag. I tense up thinking about all these dead bodies. All of them had families. They were all police officers but still died, which just goes to show how powerful this group of criminals was.

We get into the elevator and go down to the first floor. They lead me down several hallways until we reach a metal door. They push it open and and keep pulling me. We are in some sort of alleyway and I can hear police sirens off in the distance. There is a van waiting there for us in the alleyway. They open the back doors and shove me in. Three of them get in the back with me. The van takes off and we are off down the highway.

I've been captured again. But I don't think this time I will survive.