Chapter 41: Epilogue

3 years later

Danielle's POV

Today's the first day of school. I start the 10th grade (a.k.a Sophomore year) and Lila starts 1st grade. She's super excited to start school again and meet her new teacher. She's got quite a few friends and the teachers tell us she's liked by everyone for her caring, energetic personality. 

Mom woke us up early this morning just for this cause. She's really excited for her "two little babies" to start school again. We've already eaten breakfast and made sure we had everything we needed in our backpacks before getting in the car with mom and Mila. The whole car ride to Lila's school is full of conversation of how happy we are and what we are planning to do this school year. 

"Oh, girls, remember that tonight we have a concert so we won't be able to pick you up today but Big Rob will. He'll driving my car so just make sure to keep an eye out for him." Mom suddenly remembers to remind us of this situation. I've seen them in concert quite a lot and it's always really fun. Mom told me that I can bring Alex if I want, which she knows I will.

We pull up to Lila's little elementary school and park the car. We all get out and walk towards the building. Mom already has Lila's teacher's room number but we have to check in at the front desk first so that we can go in the school with Lila. The lady gives us our little stickers with our picture on it and wishes us a good day. It takes us a little time to find the room but we finally find it. Lila immediately begins to smile when she sees that her best friend, Bella, is in her class. She runs over to her and hugs her and they just start talking to each other excitedly about school. The teacher comes over and greets us. I stand there looking around at the classroom and all the little children, especially my little sister, who all seem to love being here. Mom and Mila talk with the teacher a bit about the curriculum and what type of stuff Lila will be getting for homework as well as goals the teacher has for the class. I don't really listen but rather look down at my phone waiting for Alex to text me back. 

Mom finally says goodbye to the teacher and we all wish Lila good luck before leaving. I get in the car and lay down across the back seats since I no longer have anyone sitting back here with me. Alex and I talk for a bit until I reach school. Parents aren't allowed to enter the school with us in high school, that's only for primary school. So I say goodbye to both of my moms and walk into the school trying to find Alex. The other day I was mailed my homeroom teacher and apparently Alex was in that class with me so hopefully she's in there in not wandering around like she usually is. 

Luckily for me, I walk into my homeroom to see Alex sitting at the table in the front of the classroom with a book in front of her, as always. I sneak up from behind her and cover her eyes, "Guess who." I say in a horrible man voice.

"Hmmm...the loch ness monster? Oh my god! Nessy is that you?! I can't believe you came out of hiding just for me!" Of course, Alex doesn't fail at being her over-dramatic self. I end up laughing anyways. I uncover her eyes and sit down next to her. She looks at me seriously, "Oh...it's just you." 

I fake offense and gasp, "Well then"

Alex laughs and pulls me in for a hug, "I'm just kidding. How are you babe?"

"I'm alright. Just a bit tired. I couldn't sleep last night thinking of how today was going to be, but now I'm here with you and everything is fine. How are you?" I ask.

"I'm excellent, now that you're here." She says, leaning in and kissing my cheek. 

"You're such a flirt...but you're mine so that's okay." I say to her, looking straight into her her big, brown eyes. 

"You know it!" She practically yells. I slap her shoulder playfully and tell her to quiet down. I pull out a book I've been anticipating to finish out of my bag and start to read, Alex continues to read as well. Class starts after a couple minutes. The rest of the day goes smoothly, all we are doing in our classroom is receiving our syllabus and being told classroom rules as well as getting our workbooks and textbooks we will need for the rest of the school year. Alex and I get lockers right next to each other. At lunch we go and sit in the library, talking quietly at the table in the back of the library so we don't bother anyone.