Chapter Five

Later on that day, I woke up in the arms of my best friend. The sun was just setting which meant I had slept all day but that wasn't enough. I wished I slept all my life, never to see light again because I was afraid of facing reality.

I refused to leave the room for dinner so it was brought to me. Cad stayed with me in his room until later when Jemima said I had to go to my room. I tried to refuse to share a room with Elijah but it didn't help. She insisted I moved in there and that it was for the best.

So that night I slept in Elijah's room and it wasn't a surprise that he didn't spend the night there.

The next day, I met Darius who told me not to give up on Elijah yet. He had issues and all I had to do was know him better to understand him. I was told I had to take lessons from Jemima. The lessons were about what I needed to know about this pack because I am to be Luna beside Elijah, leading the pack.

I began my lessons and did my best to know everything and understand it all. I want to be good and not embarrass my mate in the future. I came to know that the Kahuna pack is divided in five. Each division is led by an Alpha. Alpha Cephas is Alpha of Alphas, making him the highest above all five Alphas. Elijah will be Alpha of Alphas once I am 18, so the pressure of being the perfect mate is too much. Elijah has never talked to me since that breakfast incident even though we share a room.

His room is more of an apartment. It has its own kitchen, a living room, a bathroom and the bedroom which also have a bathroom of its own. I only go down for dinner on Wednesday and Sunday. The other days I prepare my own food in Elijah's room, 'our room'. I still keep food for him though he never eats anything. He even sleeps on the couch in the living room and only comes for clothes in the bedroom.

Despite the lack of communication between us, I have managed to gather some information about him. He is 6 years older than me and he got his jet black hair and forest green eyes from his grandfather, Darius's father. He is also named after his grandfather. He loves children so much which made me worry I won't be giving him any. Jemima said it was fine that I couldn't because am still his true mate so he will love me the same.

It's been two weeks and some days since I came to live here. I spent it all busy with the lessons and getting to know the Cephas family. Jemima was from another pack which I don't know the name for it. Keziah is mated to one of the division Alphas, Alpha Joe Herman. They have one child and another on the way. Marah is not yet mated and is very outgoing. So far we are good friends.

Darius prepared a party, more of a ceremony, to welcome me and Cad in the pack and also introduce me as Elijah's mate to the pack. The party is due tomorrow. Today, we spent the whole day making final preparations to make the party perfect. After all we did, I was tired and went straight to bed.

I didn't cook for Elijah since it's been three days since I last saw him. Darius said he left for a business meeting and will be back tomorrow in time for the party. I just hope he will be present and accepts me as his mate in front of the pack.

***

The next day, I inhale a huge breath as I open my eyes. I'm barely awake but breathing in my mate's scent has been something I enjoy doing the minute I woke up for the past weeks. His scent smells so satisfying, the smell of rain. I groan as I stretch my muscles before making way to the bathroom. I take my time in there, making sure I'm presentable and leave for the kitchen after getting dressed in some shorts. I prepare breakfast: eggs and sausages, then sit on the couch. I decide on watching music videos than a TV show to avoid unnecessary attachments since I'll be leaving in a few.

"Are you ready yet? The guests are arriving." Cad says suddenly through the link.

"Why this time? Isn't it early?" I ask.