Chapter Ten

Kacper's POV

'You are a sneaky little thing! I knew it was not just to help with the children you needed him to stop working for. You were tired using your 'hand' or 'bedroom tools and needed the real thing!'

I send the text to Chris, who is already a close friend I made here. We've been texting so much ever since I left his place days ago. I walk slowly, going to the living room while looking over the texts we've been sending each other all day.

"Hey." A voice suddenly says behind me and I scream in fright, dropping my phone in the process.

"What the hell!?" I shout at a laughing Elijah who actually thinks this whole thing is funny.

"Well, thank you for welcoming me home, my dearest mate." He retorts sarcastically, dropping his jacket and tie on the floor.

"I didn't know you were here an-"

"That's because you were busy with your phone. If you paid enough attention on the time, you could have known I'm here." He says in a bored tone.

"You could have warned me or something then maybe this could not have happened!" I glare at him, showing my now cracked phone. I can't use it anymore and I really need it.

"That's good. Maybe you can start paying attention to me now that you are unable to use it." He smiles and bumps my shoulder while passing by me, going in the kitchen.

"What does that have to mean?" I ask following him in there. He shrugs and opens the fridge, getting a water bottle and starts drinking. He still doesn't say a thing after he's done and walks in the sitting room. He grabs a remote, turning the TV on and ignores me completely.

"Okay." I sigh and pick up his things he dropped on the floor and go to the bedroom. I can't believe what he's just said. I didn't see anything wrong these past days since we made up. We are always together once he arrives home from work and sometimes he even comes home for lunch and goes back to work. I see nothing wrong with that and don't understand the whole 'paying attention to me now'. I always pay attention.

I admit I've been texting a lot but it's for a good reason I'm doing so. Aaaargh! I feel torn apart between being angry because he made me break my phone or to apologize for screaming at him. I push it all aside and decide to take a shower. It's Wednesday which means family dinner at 7pm.

After I'm done with everything, I go to check on Elijah. I find him where I left him. He is facing the TV but I know he's not even watching it. He is bouncing his right leg, clenching and unclenching his right hand in a fist, a sign that he's pissed. At what, I don't know.

"Eli, we have to be going down for dinner." I say as I come to stand beside him. He doesn't turn my way, eyes still on the TV.

"Eli, I am talking to you." I then stand in front of him.

"I'm not hungry." He responds quietly.

"Then we have to talk abou-"

"I'm busy." He rudely cuts me off. I'm about to say something when he stands up. "I'm leaving, don't wait up." He leaves the room and I follow behind.

"Where are you going?" I ask, stopping by the front door as he puts on his shoes.

"Out," he then shuts the door after him, leaving me inside.

I stand there, not moving. I don't know what's wrong and why he is so angry. Is it me or something else? Oh god! This is so frustrating. I leave our room and go down the stairs. I guess I have to show up alone today and I wish there won't be many questions about Elijah's whereabouts.