Chapter Thirteen

Elijah's POV

"Goodnight Eli."

I walk away with a smile on my face now that I know I've fixed things with my mate. Tomorrow is our big day and I don't want anything to make it less enjoyable.

I regret ever knowing Joyce and also getting involved with her. She is trouble and I don't know until when she will keep on trying to destroy things between me and Kacy. I guess ​I have to live with an open eye on her since she can be unpredictable.

"Hey man," Kyle greets me when I arrive at the clearing where we will spend the night.

"With that smile, I guess all is well now."

"Yes it is. He even kissed me." I inform him with the smile still on my face. Kyle is my best friend and Beta of our pack, has been since 3 years ago when his father retired.

"Good for you then, I'm glad you are not upset anymore since it could have ruined the night." He pats me on the back and together we walk to the fire were everyone is sitting around.

I really look forward to the ceremony due tomorrow. It's about time I take charge. Ever since I was young, I looked forward to become an alpha like my dad. I was the same when I learned about mates and I asked time to time about my mate. I was told to wait and waiting I did until I smelled that wonderful scent and made it my mission to find where it came from. I had three things I needed most; my mate, being Alpha and a child. I have my mate and will be Alpha tomorrow, about a child, I guess ​I should lock that idea away for now.

We guys, Kyle, Xander, Kelvin, Layton, Joe and Nathan, plans to spend the night here drinking and talking. I sit next to Kelvin, my brother in law. He doesn't talk much or at least I haven't seen him talk much. He is always silent, observing things around him.

"Hey," I greet him after sometime just sitting here.

"Walk with me." He states, standing up and walking away from the group. I stand and follow him after telling Kyle we are going for a walk. We walk in silence, still no word from him. He suddenly stops and faces me with no emotion on his face. I can't tell whether this is a friendly talk or not.

I'm about to ask what's up but suddenly I'm on the ground with a throbbing jaw. He just punched me!

"What the hell?" I growl at him and he has the guts to smirk.

"I heard you had issues with my brother." He says casually.

"Yes, but we solved that already. We are good."

"I'm glad to hear that." He offers me a hand to help me up and I reluctantly accept the offer. "I can't say I know you because I clearly don't know you but what I know is that having a mate is a special gift to any werewolf. You treat your mate nicely, keep them happy all times and protect them with your life." He glares at me after offering his hand and helped me stand next to him.

"Whatever reason you had for making my brother cry when he first came here, I don't give a sh*t about it. What I care about is my brother's well-being. Him being sad and crying should never happen again. If it happens again, Alpha of Alphas or not, I will break your face a bit more since killing you is out of option. Do you understand me Elijah?"

"Yes I understand, Kelvin. It won't happen again." I reply looking him in the eyes so that he should see I told him the truth. I will never hurt my mate again.

"Good." He smiles at me and pats me on the back. "Now, how about we get back there, have a drink and know each other a bit. We are family after all." He turns back to the guys and I just stand there watching him leave.