Chapter Twenty-Two

What? Who said that?

"~I did.~"

Oh god! I'm going crazy and hearing voices in my head.

I shake my head to shake off whatever that was and walk back to the bedroom throwing myself on it. I sigh feeling so tired yet I've just woke up. This whole thing of Joyce and Elijah must really be tiring me up.

"~Stressing is very bad for you at the moment. You should try to relax.~"

Only if you were me, I bet you would not say that twice.

"~But I'm you. Well, not you you but the other part of you. Together we make one soul.~"

Aargh, Stop!

I wait to see if I will hear anything else but I don't. Having no need to sleep anymore, I take a shower and get dressed so that I can spend my day in the office than here with memories. Once I'm ready, I open the door to walk out of the room but a sharp pain in my stomach, has me leaning on the open door and holding my stomach.

I groan in pain and Liam runs to my side, steadying me not to fall. I wait hoping it will pass and luckily it does. I stand up straight feeling a bit better and pick up the bag I dropped unknowingly. I assure Liam that I'm fine but he insists I lay down for a bit. I refuse to do that and he helps me down the stairs just to make sure I don't have any accident.

When we reach down, I go to the dining room but I find the table not set yet. I wait but when it takes forever with no one setting the table, I send Liam to see why it's taking so long.

"The lady Joyce; ordered all the omegas to help her out. There is just one in the kitchen who is preparing food but it's not yours, it's for her." Liam reports to me and I stand up and go to the kitchen.

What the hell is wrong with Joyce ordering people she's not supposed to order? I swear she is pulling on my restraints. I enter the kitchen deciding to cook something for myself before I find her since I'm so hungry. I ignore the omegas greeting and mind on finding my food. I open all the cupboards but I don't find any cereal, something I've been managing to hold down most mornings.

"Did you move the cereal to somewhere else?"

"No. Lady Joyce said we should throw it out because it makes her sick." The Omega's answer has me reeling in anger. I will be damned if I let her come into my house and mess with my food or anything else.

I march to where her room is and find both her and Elijah, with the working omegas. Elijah sees me and comes my way but I hold my hand up when he opens his mouth.

"Don't." I move around him and face up with Joyce. "Everyone leave and go back to your chores." I order and a chorus of 'Yes Luna' is heard after that.

"What are you doing?" Elijah asks as the omegas file out of the place.

"How about you call your warriors to come and help your mistress. Omegas have a lot to do than playing slaves to her."

"Kacper," he starts but I brush him off.

"And you, this is not your house so don't make yourself comfortable. You came from the streets and to the streets you will go once you're done with whatever brought you here. Don't try to change anything or order anyone around because that's my job not yours. I am the Luna here, don't cross your boundaries." I growl at her.

"I'm the one carrying his child; the future Alpha of Alphas." She states.

"Sleeping around and carrying other wolves' children. What a shame to your mate. He will feel bad knowing you opened up your legs and-" Elijah growls loudly cutting my words short.