Chapter Twenty-Four

We had just got in my room when Joyce burst in. I look at her startled and then quiet down Liam who is apologizing that Joyce slipped by. She comes straight at me but stop when Ashton stands between us.

"Are you really pregnant?" She ignores Ashton and questions me.

"No I'm not. I don't think males get pregnant." I answer quickly.

She scoffs and keeps on staring at me. I feel weak in my legs knowing the person who I wanted to keep in the dark is now in the light. I manage to hold on standing and stare back at her. She mutters something under her breath while moving her hands and gasps after a minute or two.

"You....you are pregna....how did this happen?" She wonders.

"Ashton." I hiss lowly.

"I'm sorry, Kac, she's stronger than me."

I sigh in exasperation and watch as Joyce lowers herself dramatically on the couch. She keeps shaking her head and I know she is in denial.

"Well, surprise." I say sarcastically but still trying to keep my cool.

"How far are you? Does Elijah know?" She asks.

"A month and weeks, though I think it's none of your business. You look like you are dying for answers." I reply and sit opposite her then tell her what I want her to know including the information of her being a witch. I don't know why but I seem to be happy at the moment as I watch Joyce's speechless expressions.

"So?" She asks after collecting her thoughts in order.

"What do you mean by 'so?'?" I ask and she smiles.

"Elijah doesn't know you're pregnant and he doesn't know that I'm a witch. I think we are even." She says and stands up. "I know you've been thinking that it doesn't matter if he finds out but doesn't it? Do you know how he will feel when he finds out?" She smirks and start to walk out but stops when I reply.

"Yes it doesn't matter how he will feel. Either if it's bad or worse because that will be him feeling exactly what I've been feeling since he brought you here. It will just be me expressing my feelings." I tell her and the door to the room opens and reveals Elijah.

He looks so worried and immediately hurries over to Joyce, asking if she is hurt or feeling any pain. I just stand there; on the sidelines and watch the scene as Joyce smirks at me and act as the bitch she is by faking that she is so tired and can fall anytime. I look away when it starts to get too much for much for me.

"What are you doing in here?" I hear Elijah ask.

"I came to see the Luna and he has something to tell you." She says and I've never turned around so fast in my life.

"Kacper?"

"It's nothing."

Joyce knows I am not ready to tell Elijah yet and she is using that fact against me. I may be mad at Elijah but he is still my mate and deep down I know this will hurt him and that part of me wants to keep this away from him. Withholding such information from him and him finding out, it definitely will do some damage.

"Nothing? You call that nothing?" She exclaims angrily as if it concerns her.

"Please calm down Joyce." He leads her back to the couch then looks at me expectantly and I look everywhere but his face.

"Aargh! Stop being dramatic here. I will tell him if you can't do that." Joyce announces and Elijah looks at her. "You're mate is pregnant Elijah."

"No he's not. I could have known and he could have told me if he really was." Elijah says and my already broken heart breaks once more.

"He is and everyone in here knows expect for you. The witch with him is helping hide it from you by masking him." Joyce explains smugly.