Chapter Twenty-Five

ELIJAH'S POV

I hold Kacper's hand as he lies on the hospital bed. He has been in here for I don't know how long anymore. I really hoped he would wake up after a few days but months have passed now since everything happened. He has been in coma since that time and the doctor assured me that he was fine. I could hear the change of his heart beat getting stronger each day and it also gives me strength knowing he's getting better.

Eldon Jason Cephas is the newest member of our family. He is a werewolf since his mother took all the magic that he had when he was born. He's quiet tough to handle but I'm managing it. My parents came home a week after and mum has been helping me with EJ. He could have really died if no one had stepped it to block the attack that Joyce sent to him. I really felt bad that I had no strength to do anything and because of that, Kacper got hurt.

While blocking the attack, he put a lot on the risk. He was weak and pregnant; such thing could have killed him. I'm very glad he survived even though it was a hustle the first time he was here. I couldn't sleep not knowing when my mate would be dying again. The doctors helped to bring him back in all the times he stopped breathing.

Then he started bleeding a lot and we all feared that he might have miscarried but he didn't. I could still feel a pup in him and now that he was more than four months pregnant with one month or weeks before delivery, he's pregnant stomach was big. I only wish that he must be conscious when the baby is born. Our connection was strong now that the child was big and I couldn't wait to meet them.

I also worry about what the future holds for me and my mate. I don't expect him to forgive me but a chance to start over is all I hope for. I learned a lot when all this happened and I plan to make things right between us. I want us to start a happy life with our children and forget the past.

"Alpha," a voice sounds from outside the room and I kiss Kacper's forehead with a promise to come back then I walk out.

"What is it Kyle?" I ask my beta who had called me out of the room.

"The prisoners are ready and we are waiting for you to give their punishments." He explains and I sigh. He was talking about Joyce and her coven.

After Kacper had passed out, the whole room got silent but then everyone became angry and the witches had no chance of winning a fight. They were outnumbered and faced with raged wolves and witches. They were put in the packs prison waiting for their punishment to be passed. I had been busy with my mate and I couldn't handle anything at that moment.

In total there are thirteen witches including Joyce. Knowing magic is what a witch values most, I asked Cadmael to take away their ability to do magic. He couldn't do it all at once because he was weak but he managed to do one at a time until now that Kyle tells me they are ready.

"There is nothing to say and I know you already figured out what punishment I'm to give them." He nods then leaves.

Joyce and the rest, both have to be killed for breaking so many pack rules. They will be beheaded today before the sun sets. I walk to my office and once I'm inside before I sit, a knock sounds on the door and it opens. Michael walks in and we greet each other.

"We've to be going back home since he finished all you asked for. He is worried about his friend and won't do well for his health at the moment. I hope you understand." I nod at his words and let them go back home. They've helped out a lot and I'm so glad they came that day. I couldn't keep them here longer and I had no choice but to allow them to go back.

I came to my office to read about something that has recently came up. Other surrounding packs have been sending request that I take over them as their king. They want to crown me as an Alpha king and there are more than 75 packs requesting for that. I really do not know what to do about it and I plan to call for a meeting with the division Alphas to see what they think about it. Taking care of five packs was a bit easier and I know being King to more packs will take a lot more from me. I had to be strong and presentable but currently I was none all that. I could only be that if my mate wakes up and we resolve our issues, so I had to wait and ignore the request for now.