Chapter Seventeen

When? Where? How? What?

That's what I ask myself while reading the book. I just can't understand any of what I've read but I just keep on reading, hoping to understand in the next chapter until I'm now done reading. It's been almost five hours and I've been reading nonstop but got nothing out of it.

Frustrated with my lack of understanding, I leave the library and go back to my room so I can sleep.

"~Babe, where are you going?~"

"~To sleep.~" I respond to Elijah, opening the door to the bedroom since I've already reached our room. I know him asking that, means the guards he put to watch me must have told him of my departure from the library.

"~I thought you said you want to read.~"

"~I've changed my mind Eli. I don't want to read, ever.~"

"~I'm coming.~" He cut the connection and I sigh. I thought of this day going on nicely but things have gone the opposite. I don't even wish to touch that book again; it's just playing with my mind.

I hear the door to our room open and soon enough he is opening the bedroom door. I just close my eyes, hoping he will leave soon and let me cry out my frustrated tears.

"I won't disappear even if you don't look at me. I will always be here for you." He says and I can imagine him smirking at me.

"Whatever."

"I don't like that word." He states seriously and that has me opening my eyes. I nod at him and he smiles at me lovingly.

"So tell me what's wrong. I'm here to make it all disappear."

I scoff and sit up facing him. I search his eyes to see if he's serious and to make sure he won't laugh at me. It is hard for me to admit my not understanding of the book. I sigh and look down my hands while twisting them nervously.

"I don't understand." I pause and think of what is best to say to him. "I don't get the whole book. I mean, it just seems as if it's some fantasy novel and I thought I will be reading a book that will let me know more of your pack but not some novel." I explain.

"It's not a novel. It's our pack record and secret."

That has me opening my mouth and closing it again and again. I don't know what to say or ask him because my head has a lot of them. All that I've read is true? No way!

"No way!" I voice out my thought while shaking my head. It can't be true. He looks at me and then holds my shaking hands in his.

"I will tell you about it in a summary." I nod at him to continue and he clears his throat.

"Long, long ago........."

###

Long ago there was a ruthless man called James, but most called him Alpha since he was the leader of the Pearlite Pack. He had a son, Mikkel, who was a complete opposite of his father. Mikkel was the soon to be Alpha of his pack and his lack of bad behavior caused a rift between him and his father. He was a good man, he was responsible, had respect to other people and all the qualities of a good leader. Most of all, Mikkel believed in love.

In those days, it was hard to find a true mate and most wolves just mated anyone they wanted. Mikkel didn't want to mate anyone but his true mate. He refused to mate all the girls his father presented to him, which made his father's hatred for him increase tenfold. Mikkel searched for his true mate but was no successful until he was a grown man.

One day, on his many adventures to surrounding packs in search of his mate, he came upon omegas house. This was a place where all omegas where placed to live, only allowed leaving if they were purchased as a slave. It was not allowed for an Alpha to come to such houses but Mikkel couldn't shake off the feeling or the urge he had to enter the house. After checking to make sure no one saw him, he entered the house and looked for something which he had no idea what. When his eyes laid on a male figure, that was hunched on a corner, he knew it was not something he was looking for but someone.