Chapter Eighteen

"Joel was the first to come on Mikkel's land. He kept his word and protected the land as best as he could. But the land was big and he couldn't do it all alone. When some packs asked for a place to stay, he took them in. He made sure they will follow the rules and in a way, they all answered to him. That was the beginning of Alpha of Alphas title." Elijah explains more of Joel after my request.

"So does that mean you are related to Joel?" I ask.

"Yes I am. Thought it was obvious." He smirks.

"I needed to make sure. So since Joel never saw Mikkel again, does that mean no one else never saw any of the tribe again?" I ask for more.

"Yes, it was like that."

"Was?"

"Until dad found his mate 30 years ago." He responds.

"What about his mate." I press.

"My mum comes from Mikkel's tribe, as you put it. It's not only that, she also comes from Mikkel's bloodline."

I gasp at that information. "What?"

"She's the first born daughter of the family. For some unknown reason, there was never born a girl in Mikkel's bloodline. My mum was the first to be born and first to have an alpha as a mate."

"I am so lost now. What do you mean first to have an alpha mate?"

"The first born children of Mikkel's bloodline are the ones who lead their tribe. So there was never born girl in the family. In the tribe, no one had ever been mated to an Alpha before. They are just mated to a dominant wolf but never an Alpha. Most of them stay in the tribe once they are mated because they don't want to expose their tribe's abilities."

"So your mother is lucky. She's first born daughter and also first mated to an Alpha." I say with a smile but then frown. "What abilities does the tribe have?" I question.

"Remember the blessings the moon goddess gave the omegas?" I nod at his question. "Well, the abilities didn't die with them. It was passed on to their children; the ability to give birth even if you are a male and the ability to heal others."

"So what you mean is-"

"A male omega in my mother's tribe can get pregnant."

"Really?!" I exclaim in wonder at that.

"Yes. And I guess things started to change with my mother." At my questioning look, he continues. "Every first born is expected to be an omega in the tribe, but I'm not. I'm even an Alpha, far from omega."

"Is that a problem?" I ask in worry.

"No. I'm this pack's Alpha of Alphas and also a soon to be leader of the tribe until my mother hands it to me. I'm expected to have a child through my mate. But that can't happen since we both know you can't be with child."

"What about you?" I rashly ask. "I understand I can't be pregnant, but what if you could. You have your mother's blood in you, maybe you can get pregnant." I point out.

"No I can't. I'm an alpha not omega and most importantly, I will never let anyone top me." He says.

I scoff at his words and breathe out a 'whatever'. He stands up and walks out of the door. He must have heard it and that must be why he walked out just like that. The guy truly hurts the word 'whatever' if said to him.

I fall back on the bed, close my eyes and think of what I heard from Eli. At last, Joel and Mikkel's bloodline mixed as one. My mate being the first born and a lot is expected from him. Why did he end up with a male mate who won't help him fulfill one of his expectations? I can't get pregnant and neither can he, so does that mean the end of both bloodlines?