Epilogue

(10 years later)

ELIJAH'S POV

I finish signing the papers and start organizing them in order. Today I am resigning my duties as a King and handing the title over to EJ. He started handling most things a year ago and soon it will be his coronation and mating ceremony, so why not resign now and let him handle it all.

The reason I'm retiring is because of Kacper. In all the years we have been together, I feel like I haven't given him enough time as my mate and the mother of my children. I want to resign so that I can offer myself to him. I want to wake up with him, spend the day with him, eat with him, bath with him and go for a run together.

My mate is also pregnant; after years of us feeling it wasn't time to have children. We were both busy with duties that come with the titles we have and the thought of having children was very far off.

Now that I'm resigning and my babe is pregnant, I feel good. I want to be there when everything will be happening this time. I want to be there when the baby kicks for the first time. I want to be there when he have his morning sickness. I want to be there when he experiences the emotional rollercoaster of the pregnancy. I want to be there and provide for his cravings. I want him and the baby to feel loved and protected.

I pause what I am doing when I hear loud unnecessary voices just outside my office and I wonder what is happening. I hurry up organizing the folders so that I can check what is happening.

"~Alpha,~" the voice of my head guard calls out.

"~What is it, George?~" I ask.

"~Alpha, EJ is here and wants to see you. You ordered us to not let anyone disturb you so we have him on hold. He's insisting to see you though.~" He explains and I tell him to let EJ inside. I wonder what he wants for him to come and disturb me in my office. He knows how I don't like anyone coming in here except Kacper of course.

"Father!" EJ shouts as he walks in my office, slamming the door hard.

"What is the point of all this noises, EJ?" I ask my son who's breathing heavily like he just finished running a race.

"You father! You killed my mother. Why did you kill her, why? And all these years you never mentioned it to me so that I could at least know about it. Why must I hear it from other people about how you mercilessly killed my mother?" He growls angrily and I stand there speechless.

"I......it wasn't like that!" I say and he slams his hands on my desk, cracking it. The door to the office opens and my babe runs inside and stands by EJ holding his hands to try and calm him down. He shakes off Kacper, making him stumble on his feet and nearly fall to the desk.

I jump at my son, pinning him to the wall and snarling in his face and he dares to growl back at me. Kacper tries to push me off EJ and I move away to please him.

"I will beat you to a pulp if you dare put my mate in danger again!" I growl and he scoffs making me want to beat him senseless but Kacper holds me back by placing his hand on my chest.

"Or you could just kill me like you did my mother!" He shouts and a slap sounds in the room as everything goes quiet. I wince at the sound and hastily pull my mate away from an angry EJ.

"You....how can you say that to us? Do you think we can do that to you? I saved you from being killed by your mother and do you know how much that cost me?" Kacper cries and I know how much he's hurting.

"I lost my baby, I lost Roman's twin because I wanted to save you. My poor Roman had to face some negative consequences due to that as well. I saved you and I got to watch my baby suffer because of that and you stand here shouting about foolish things. Don't make me regret ever saving you EJ because right now I'm tempted to." He says and then leaves the office.