Chapter 1 Return

Here is the first Chapter for Book 2. Enjoy!

//Rin POV//

"Dad, I'm ready..." Rin spoke up as he and his mother sat at the table eating dinner in the demon realm. Satan put his spoon down and looks at Rin with a serious expression.

"Ready for what?" he asks and Rin's mother looks at her son. Rin stood up from his chair and looks serious as well.

"I'm ready...to go to the human world." Rin tells them both and they look surprised.

"A-Are you sure...I mean, emotionally..." his mother speaks up.

"Mom, Shiemi is alive...I know that and I won't give up on her. You were right...everyone is right, I love her." Rin tells them. "That's why I have to try to find her...even if it takes years or my whole life. I'll find a way to get Shiemi's memories back for her. I will create peace for demons and humans like she would have wanted me to."

"Are you sure, son?" Satan asked him. "There is a reason why your mother is staying here in the demon realm and kept the secret of you now being the ruler of the Gehenna."

"I know..." Rin growled. The new threat, the one thing that stood in the way for peace was his mother's father. Rin's grandfather, his name...Ernst Frederick Egin, who hated demons. Rin and his family can clearly see him as the problem. "Talking to him didn't work, right Mom?"

"I'm afraid not...not after I gave birth to you and your brother." His mother sighs. "And I do not wish to speak to him as my father anymore. After what you and your father told me...I still can't believe he had tried to execute me."

"I'm sorry, Mom." Rin could clearly hear the sad tone in his mother voice but she smiles.

"Oh, don't worry about me...I'm fine now. Thanks to you and your father...I got to see my little children grow to be such great men." His mother tells him as she stands up and hugs her son. Rin couldn't help but chuckle.

"Mom, me and Yukio are only 17. We aren't adults...well, Yukio is." Rin said.

"Ok! Enough chit-chat. We have planning to do, when do you leave, Rin?" Satan asked as Rin pulled away from his mother's hug.

"Tomorrow sounds fine by me." Rin tells him.

"Great, so let's finish eating and...where is Yukio? Didn't he say he will come for dinner today?" Satan asked.

"Oh, don't you remember? He is on a date..." Rin's mother giggled. "Shura was her name...I actually got to see her back in the human realm. She seems so nice."

"Nah...she gets drunk all the time." Rin chuckled as they all sat back down.

"Oh my, I wonder if nothing bad happens. You know how kids are these days, am I right, Satan?" Rin's mother smiled but Rin's cheeks turns bright red as he understood what she means for kids.

"M-Mom! That's not something to say at the table!" Rin cried out and his father laughs.

"Why you turning red, son? Ok...we'll stop teasing you about this...let's just eat." Satan said after he stops laughing.

---Later at Night---

Rin was staring out the window to see...the purple sky. Day time, the sky is red and blue...and night, then sky is purple and dark blue. Rin then walks to his bed and pulls Kurikara from under it. He draws out the blade and his flames surround him. He sighs as he remembers his other selves...Fire and Demon. The other Rins from other worlds and time. He draws away his sword and puts it away; he then throws himself on the floor.