Chapter 5 Red Blaze Skull

//Shiemi POV//

"Izumo, move!" Shiemi shouted as she pushed Izumo and herself away before this skull face demon attacks them. The blade of its scythe swung right above Shiemi as she ducked. They start to run down the hall, but what seemed to be a rogue demon starts to chase them.

"Shiemi, there isn't nowhere to run through here!" Izumo shouted as they continue to run. The boys Suguro, Yukio, Konekomaru, and Shima were still trapped inside the room somehow.

"...Oh, no." Shiemi could only say that as they continue to run down that hall, it was the only thing they can do.

//Rin POV//

Rin and Shiro were the only ones standing on top of the roof, waiting for the council of Exorcists to come back to tell what they have decided. Rin wasn't calm nor was patience agreeing to him. He felt uneasy for an odd reason.

What's wrong with me? Am I nervous or something? Rin thought, but the only response he got from his own question was remembering not being able to save Shiemi. His eyes widen. I am not nervous...this is...fear...Shiemi!

"Rin, you ok?" Shiro asked as Rin turns around. He walks towards the edge and looks down towards the bridge. The entrance of the hall to the class. Rin had a bad feeling...and he could have sworn Shiemi needed him.

"Shi..emi..." Rin whispered as backs away.

"RIN!" like out of nowhere, he could hear Shiemi's voice. He gasped and ignites in flames without pulling out his sword.

"Hey! Rin?!" Shiro shouted but Rin ignores him. He KNEW that Shiemi is in danger!

"Shiemi!" Rin shouted as he took flight. Flapping his wing as hard as he can and is shot straight up in the air. Flying straight for the bridge.

Please...please, I have to save her! I have to save her this time! Rin shouted in his mind as he grinds his teeth in anger. Without thinking, he boosts faster towards the door under the bridge, ready to just smash into it.

He was so concentrated in anger that he didn't notice a white orb floating behind him in the distance. The orb of memories that holds Shiemi's memories.

//Shiemi POV//

"Dead end!" Izumo shouted as they have their backs to the wall as the rouge demon slowly approaches them.

"I-Izumo...we're tamers! We'll summon our demons-" Shiemi didn't get to finish as the demon raised its hand and wind blew the paper for summoning away from their pockets and into its hand. Which is burned away as it clenches it in a boney fist.

"..." Izumo doesn't say anything and stands in front of Shiemi. "I'll distract it and you run..."

"Huh?! Izumo! No!" Shiemi shouted but Izumo ran to the corner yelling at the demon.

"Hey! Big guy! Over here!" Izumo waved at the demon. "Shiemi, run!"

"Izumo, no!" Shiemi shout but the demon raised its scythe at Izumo. "NO!"

"AHHHH!" Shiemi hears someone scream in the distant in the hall. The sudden noise stopped the demon from attacking Izumo. Shiemi runs to her friend side and pulls her behind her. This time, protecting her as the demon loses interest on the girls. It turns around and gets in some kind of battle stance.

"RAAAHHH!" Shiemi heard a roar and the hall where they came from lights up with a dim blue light. Suddenly, that voice that was shouting was familiar to Shiemi...but something caught her eyes...it was a small white light in the distance. Shiemi could clearly see it, yet it floated away. Something inside Shiemi...made her feel like chasing it but she held back because of the demon in front of her.