Chapter 1 ✔

Elena, mum, dad and I were in the car; Elena and I were in the back while mum and dad were in the front. We were just picked up from the party as her and Matt had a fight so we left early.

"Hunny what happened with you and Matt?" Mum asked Elena.

"We just got into an argument about the future." After that, there was nothing else said.

We were going across rickery bridge when dad lost control of the car. We were all screaming, while dad was trying to get control of the car but it was too late. We drove over the bridge and were now getting submerged by water.

My head hit the driver seat from impact while mum hit the dash board and passed out. I tried unbuckling my seat belt but it didn't work. I looked over at Elena and saw her trying to do the same thing, I looked over at dad and saw him trying to break the glass with his elbow.

But it was no use, there was no way we were going to get out alive. I tried saying his name yelling out. I grabbed onto his hand and held it as well as Elena's.

I could feel the air from my lungs start to run out. I looked over at mum and grabbed her hand as well. I looked over at the three and mouthed out the words 'I love you'. I started getting black spots on my eyes and before I knew it I was consumed in darkness.

"Ahhhh!" I woke up screaming with tears running down my face. I heard running footsteps and in came Aunt Jenna.

"You Ok Tara?" She said looking at me with grief.

"Yeah. It was just the nightmare again. Sorry." Ever since that night last year I have been having that nightmare and haven't been able to sleep. But I haven't had it for a while so I thought it was over but I guess not.

I've been back home for 4 days. I left Mystic Falls for a bit after the Funeral to... to heal. Everyone understood that people heal in their own ways. I'm just glad no ones mad at me.

I got up grabbing my clothes for the day and went to my shower. I hopped out of the shower and got dressed, put my jewellery on and did my make up. I walked into my bedroom packing my bag and grabbed my phone. I walked down stairs and saw Jenna at the fridge with Elena already downstairs.

I grabbed the pot of coffee and served a cup for myself. I put a couple drops of milk in and put a piece of bread in the toaster. "Hey Elena, Jenna."

"Morning." They both said back.

"Bonnie is picking us up in 20 Tara." I just nodded and grabbed my now done toast and put butter and avocado on it and sat at the table. Jeremy came down stairs and grabbed a cup of coffee.

"I have to go. Bye guys see you tonight." Jenna said to us. I waved bye and went back to eating. Elena went upstairs to her room, so I now have the time to talk to Jer without her hearing.

"So Jerem-"

"Here." Jeremy said passing me a small plastic zip lock bag filled with a couple duds.

"Thanks, Jer." I said and put it in my bag. I started buying off him a week before I left. "This is the last time." Jeremy rolled his eyes not believing me.

I stood up, put my plate in the sink and went upstairs to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and heard a car beep its horn. "Just in time." I said to myself and put on a smile.

*

We were in Bonnie's car and she was saying that her Grams told her that she is physic, Elena started to zone out while Bon was talking about the predictions she made. "Elena." My sister shook her head and went back to looking at Bon.