Chapter 13

I got to their house and walked up to their front door, knocking 3 times. I turned around to go back to my car when I heard a voice saying to come in. I turned around confused and opened the door walking in and shutting it behind me. "Damon." I walked through the foyer and into the lounge room. "Damon." I said in a sing-song voice. There was music playing from somewhere.

"Boo." I wiped around and saw Damon standing in front of me with his usual signature smirk. I jumped back and backed up a little. Damon had a bottle of something in his hand and his button up was undone showing off his muscles. "What's wrong with you Kitty?"

"You're, you're a, you're a vampire." Damon looked at me shocked.

"So, Stefan told you I'm guessing." I nodded my head. "Then, why are you here?"

"I-I don't know." Damon disappeared and I looked around for him when I heard him whistle. I wiped my head around and saw him on the couch. "Dick." I said under my breath walking to an armchair and sitting down.

"I heard that."

"You were supposed to."

"How can you be so brave and stupid when you know who I am."

"Because I believe that you wouldn't hurt me. If you wanted to you would have."

Damon zoomed to beside my head and whispered in my ear "Not yet."

"Well if you're planning to, then do it, Day." I stood up and faced him.

"Kitty, you really do have a death wish."

"Oh, you don't know half of it." I smirked at him and walked over to the caddy bar thing and poured myself a glass of Bourbon. Damon came up behind me and stole the glass from between my fingers. "Dick move." I told him and poured myself another and sat down next to him on the lounge and turned to face him with my legs crossed. "So why did you kill all those people?"

"You really want to know?" I nodded my head at him and he turned to face me with a serious face. "Boredom."

"So, you killed people because you're bored?" He nodded his head. "I need something stronger." I told myself looking at my now empty glass. Damon laughed at me and smirked taking a sip of his drink.

"Before you get to judgé, what about you little miss sex hair." He smirked at me.

"That obvious?" He nodded his head. "In my defense I tried fixing it but it didn't work. "Have you ever wanted to kill me?" I asked out of no where.

"At the forest, yes, but there was something about you that... I-I couldn't kill you, Kitty." I looked at him confused.

"Then why did Stefan tell me not to come?"

"Because he doesn't trust me. He believes that I have no self-control."

"And do you, have no self-control?"

"I do have self-control, Tara. Just sometimes it gets the better of me."

"What does?"

"The blood lust." He told me with a straight face. I looked down at my legs.

"Why doesn't Caroline remember? Why didn't she tell any of us?"

"I told her not to."

"And she just listened?"

"It's called compulsion, I can control people's minds, make them do things, make them believe things, and even wipe their memory." I looked back up at him and put on my serious face.

"Did, did you ever do that to me?"

"That necklace that Stefan gave you," He said pointing to my necklace, I held it and looked back up to him. "It prevents me from doing so. It has a herb in it called Vervain. It's harmful to vampires if they touch it, or inhale it/ drink it."