Chapter 29

Stefan's been locked up for a couple days now; Elena and I stay every night. Elena because it's Stefan and me because well I need to keep an eye on Elena.  "It's so hard to see him locked up like this." Elena told Damon and me while she looked through the cell bars.

"You're the one who locked him up."

"You helped." I told Damon, not looking up at him.

"I couldn't have him running around chewing on people. While the town was looking for vampires, now, could I?"

"It had nothing to do with you actually caring about him?" Elena asked.

"Your thing, not mine." Damon told her, walking away. Elena and I followed. I walked over to the bar in the parlour, pouring myself a drink. I looked up and saw Damon playing with the watch Pearl gave him.

"Did you ever, umm, figure out what that is?" I asked him motioning to the watch.

"Nope. Whatever it is, it doesn't work." I nodded my head and scowled down my drink.

"Pearl didn't say anything else about it?" Elena asked.

"She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, but it was a pocket watch. That Johnathan Gilbert was a crazy scientist. Have either of yous spoken to your Uncle lately?" I scoffed at his question.

"I've been here the past couple nights, and I also don't speak to him to begin with." I told him

"I've been avoiding him, actually. That, and I've also been here most nights."

"So, you'll be here again tonight?"

"Is that a problem?" Elena asked him.

"Yes. You're a complete nuisance." Elena scoffed at him.

"See you later." She told him and walked to her car, me following.

"See ya, Tara." Damon said expectingly.

"Oh, yeah, bye." I said awkwardly and ran out to Elena's car.

"What is going on between you two lately?" 

"What? Nothing." I told her as I hoped in the car and waited for her to get in. 

%%%%%%%%%%

I walked into Elena's room. "You ready?" I asked her,  she was about to answer when John walked in.

"I thought the three of us could talk. We haven't had a chance to catch up."

"We're busy right now so..." I snapped at him, starting to walk out of te room Elena following.

"Well, it won't take long." I kept walking but Elena turned me around, I glared at her annoyed.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"Well... I know you both know." I looked at him puzzled.

"About what, dick." I snapped while Elena elbowed my side.

"It's really silly to keep pretending. What do you think your mother would say if she knew you were both dating a vampire?"

"Which mother?" Elena sassed.

"First off, I'm not dating a vampire so get your facts straight and second off, go die but let me have that ring before you go. If you're gonna die, I want you to stay dead." I snapped at him and dragged Elena out of her room and out of the house.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I laid  across the armchair in the parlour, and Elena is sitting in the lounge. "He's just being dramatic. He's not going to starve himself." Damon told Elena leaning on the table above the coach.