Chapter 27

"John." I spat as I walked down the stairs where he, Elena and Jenna are standing at the door.

"Tara, good to see you."

"Not reciprocated." I told him as I stood next to Elena.

"Uncle John. What's up?" Jer asked walking down the stairs.

"Hey." He said as Jer tapped him on his shoulder walking passed and to the door. "I have some business in town. I thought a visit was in order."

"How long are you staying?" Elena asked.

"Hopefully not too long." I said with an innocent smile.

"I don't know yet."

"Hmm. Ok. Well, Tara and I have to go to school. I'll see ya later." She told him so I walked out of the house and to my car while Elena got on the passenger side. 

"What the fuck is he doing here?" I asked her annoyed.

"Who knows. I just hope he is gone very, very soon." I nodded in agreement and sped down the road.

%%%%%

I've been looking for Tyler everywhere but I can't find him so I tried the back where Jer and the others sit. I saw Jeremy and him sitting on a couch talking and Tyler took a puff. I slowly walked over to them and put my hands on top of his shoulders suddenly, making him jump, and moved my head so he could see me. "What ya doin Ty?" I asked innocently.

"Tara, hi."

"Hi." Tyler stood up and walked in front of me.  "What happened to being against this?" I asked taking the roll from him and taking a puff before throwing onto the ground. He just looked at me and I sighed out. "Look I get it ok. I just wish you would talk to me about it." I told him, but he just looked everywhere but my eyes. I sighed out. "Fine." I spat out and walked to 1st period class.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I'm sitting on my bed reading a book when my door opened. "Damon? Hi." 

"Hey, Kitty." He said as he walked around my room looking through my draws, to pull out of my bras. 

"Really?" I asked him annoyed. "Put it back." He did as I said and plopped down next to me. 

"What ya reading?" I showed him the cover. "You?"

"It's amazing." I told him. He grabbed it out of my hands. "Hey." I pouted. "Don't be a meany." 

"Come here." Damon motioned me to get closer beside him. I looked at him sceptically. "Come on, I don't bite."

"Ah, yes you do." I told him but moved closer to him so I could see the pages of the book, which meant that I had to lean my head against his arm.

We've been reading for maybe an hour when John barged in. "What the fuck?" I said as I quickly moved away from Damon and also pushed him away.

"Sorry."

"Sure you are. What do you want?" I snapped.

"You have to get ready for the party." 

"I'm not going."

"What do you mean you're not going? Who am I going to dance with? Who am I going to be able to make snarky comments to?" I rolled my eyes at Damon and looked back at John.

"You have to go. You are a founding family member." He told me.

"Fine. Just fuck off." I snapped at him while glaring. John closed the door behind him and I sighed out annoyed.