Chapter 7~Georgia

Its GRADUATION DAY! I'm beyond excited everyone including Mickey  is coming he graduated yesterday lucky for us. Lately He's been off about something and had been trying to get my attention on something but I've been brushing him off. But only because I had to help Tevin with surprising Jaylee. That was a success guys! I'm convinced that with be my sister in law! IDC IDC IDC! Anyway...back to McKenzie; I don't know what it is about him right now but hopefully I get some time in to find out. -Tee

Well it's finally time. I have my cap and gown and I'm ready to walk across that stage. I'm very proud of myself for pushing myself through these hard ass classes and dealing with these dumb ass boys! Believe it or not, I must speak at this graduation. Me, Kammy, Jasen, and Carter have made it pretty far from freshman year. From disagreements to fights and more or less heartbreaks. Walking into high school my freshman year I had no idea I would end up like this.

We were all sitting down because the ceremony had began. I turned my head and I saw my whole family. Tevin brought Jaylee of course but there was no sign of McKenzie.

I tapped Kammeron, "Where's Mickey?"

She turned looking for him, "Awh damn. Look its graduation, and you have to speak in like five minutes so please don't worry about him right now and focus on getting your diploma, please."

"You know I can't do that if he's not here. If he's not here-then where is he,"

"Tee do I look like a McKenzie tracker?" Kam questioned smartly

I sucked my teeth and contemplated in my head

This can't be life right now. How can Mickey miss my graduation-he promised he would come and I went to his! OMG guys I met his parents but that's another story. I'm getting worried. -Tee

My thoughts were rudely interrupted by the voice my principle, "And now our Valedictorian Teanna White to speak,"

There were claps and cheers as I made my way up the steps and to the podium to speak. I cleared my throat and began.

" Walking into high school my freshman year I had no idea I would end up like this. NO idea we would end up like this. Through our whole high school life, we figured we would always stay the same and keep the same friends. But that was never the case. Truth is we all changed whether it was for better or even for worse. We thought we were going to keep our same personalities; the same way we thought we were going to stay with the same friends. I can only speak for me when I say nothing has been the same from day one. Friends came and went, people died, and people changed. We have all went through something or did something the past 4 years we've been together. Some things we regret and other things we would love to do all over. As a graduating class we put smiles on each others faces whether we knew what we were going through or not. We sort of gave each other life when needed. From the day we stepped foot into this school to now-we were writing a story. A story of how we crashed parties.; failed classes because we wanted to, smoked weed just to do it, and had sex to know how it felt. This story was this beginning to the sequel-and that starts tomorrow. And in this story we will take risk and take chances. Dye our hair, change our physical appearances for the heck of it. Go to college take a major, to change it 2 times and try again. Fall in love a million times and get our hearts broken. This is the story where we enter the real world and make real mistakes. This is the story that we want to look back at and share with our kids one day. And this is the story where we make the most of what we will ever have. So for my graduating class of Miami Beach High. Don't let destiny write your life; you are the pen and the years to come are your paper. And if we ever cross paths in any point in time-make sure you have your story, because it was written to be shared and we all want to hear it. Much love and congrats."