Chapter 33~Regret

Don't cry Don't cryDon't cry

Don't cry
Don't cry
Don't cry

That's what's I've been telling myself since I've been riding in this car with Connor. We weren't far from the mall so I really just wanted to hop in my car and go home. He had so much control over my emotions and I hated it. It was so easy for him to fuck with me, but I could only blame myself. I was being weak as hell and I couldn't help it.

"You wanna talk about it?" Connor kept his eyes on the road as he questioned me

I shook my head no not really wanting to go into detail about my little pow wow with his brother. But I did want to know what he wanted to talk about today.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I was curious to know why he was all of a sudden interested on my "extracurricular activities".

Pulling out his phone from his pocket he clicked around before handing it to me, "You know this guy?"

Looking down at the photo, the man that used to haunt me in my sleep was staring right at me. It was a photo of his dead body on the cement ground. It was the man I killed, my first kill and unfortunately I went on more jobs with Tevin so he wasn't my last.

Shaking my head no he swiped to the next photo of another guy dead with an arrow straight to the chest, laying lifeless on the ground.

"What about him?"

I knew him but I wasn't going to tell him I did.

"No." I lied not seeing the point of showing me his dead colleagues

Yet again he swipes to another photo of yet another dead body.

"What are you trying to get at Connor?" I rolled my eyes growing aggravated of the conversation.

He ran his hand down the length of his face before locking his phone, "I know you killed these niggas and we all know you're the fresh new assassin the Rango recruited but you need to tread lightly mama. You coming in too hot and causing a lot of noise on our end. I need you to lay low for a while."

As much as I wanted to give him what he wanted, the last thing I was going to do was lay low.

"And if I don't?" He groaned more than likely bothered knowing I wouldn't listen

"You have no idea what you did huh?"

Shaking my head no I rested my head against the seat, "Enlighten me."

He scratched the back of his neck, "You killed probably the 3 most powerful and important Serpents in Miami. What I'm trying to tell you is you have a target on your back and you need to chill the fuck out and stay out of sight before you end up dead before you even get to start college."

Just when I thought Cas was an issue I now have bigger fish to fry.

"So you gonna kill me too?" I questioned anxious to know was this a warning or a set up.