Chapter 29~To Kill A Mocking Jay

Forgive me for the mistakes. I proof read none of this 😅. Enjoy the read though -Clair

Teanna

"You're pretty good kid."

Zo who was head of this warehouse was complimenting me on my aim with weapons. He thought I was lying when I said I never miss, so I had to show him that I really have all his men beat.

"Tell me something I don't know." I smiled lightly placing my bow down and taking a seat in the conference room we were currently walking into.

Zo was a friend of Tevin's from middle school that never came by the house for these specific reasons. Him and Tevin were business partners, Rango brothers , and also lifetime friends. He is a little rough around the edges one can say, but he is still very nice and kind, well at least when he wants to be.

I've been coming by the warehouse with Tevin for the past week now just picking up on some things and shooting weapons on my down time. Sometimes Jilani would be with me, and other times he wouldn't but thats nor here nor there. Today would be the same as the rest of my days here.

"How about you come on the next job with us?" Zo questioned with his arms crossed about his chest

Before I could even respond Tevin interjected, "Nope. Absolutely not. Pops would murder me if I let her do that. She doesn't step foot out of this warehouse to do any jobs."

I rolled my eyes annoyed that he keeps treating me like a baby. Like I'm not 8 anymore! I can make my own decisions for myself now.

Since he wants to act like he runs me, I'll just take matters into my own hands once again. I pulled out my phone and called up the only person who can really call the shots about what I do. I was sure to put it on speaker so everyone knew what was really gonna happen.

"How ya doing Princess?"

I eyed Tevin who looked pretty infuriated that I called our father.

"Hey daddy. Quick question?"

"Quick answer. What do you need?"

"Can I go on a job with Tevin and Zo please?"

Tevin crossed his arms and eyed me with a confident smirk on his face as if he knows my dad will tell me no

"Sure Princess. Is Tevin with you?"

His confident smirk was gone as he opened his mouth to speak

"Yeah Pops.."

"We have some things to discuss when you two get home. Love you Princess."

With that he ended the call and again I get what I want, "I win." I cheesed rubbing it in Tev's face.

He shook his head and ran his fingers though his thick beard, "You have no idea what you're about to get in to baby sister. Let's go. We'll catch you tonight Zo."

***

Kammeron: Movie night tonight?

Kemiko: I'm down. Finally back in town now.

Me: Time?

Kammeron: 10pm?

Me: I'll be there a tad bit late but I'll definitely be there.

Kemiko: And where is it that you'll be that you won't be on time?

Me: Have something to do with my dad genius. But anyway what's the update on you losers.