Chapter 13~Happy

Chapter 13

       Happy

McKenzie

Stepping into Atlanta I never felt so great. This was like a second home to me so I was happy. I couldn't wait to see my little man, Aiden. Kali sends me pictures and we facetime every now and again, but it doesn't compare to holding him in my arms. I've thought about Teanna and I know she's not happy with me so I'm gonna give her the space she needs while she's on her road trip. I already ruined her graduation day, the last thing I want do to is ruin her trip too. But her ex, Castiel; he gotta go. He made it crystal clear that he would take her from me and that's the upmost last thing I want happening. No one will take my baby from me; not even if they're dying of love.

I was waiting at the airport for Kali. I was patiently waiting for her with all my luggage on my hands and my headphones in my ears. It was a hot day in Atlanta, Georgia today and I wasn't having it. I need to hit a pool or a beach or something because I'm dying in this heat. Miami isn't even this fucking hot, shit!

After twenty minutes of being baked and fried in this hot ass sun Kali finally pulled up in her all white Benz. About fucking time, shit.

She got out of the car wearing shorts and cropped muscle tee. For a 16 year old she is fine af. She was 5' and a great person all around, reason why I ended up falling for her. She was, well still is the girl any guy would want. Cooks, cleans, makes great grades, goes to work, and still manages to raise a child on her own most of the time. I give her props, not many girls can do that till their older or never at all. She's a dream girl, and she's one worth fighting for. I would've fought for her; I should've fought for her-but I didn't. But that was then and now its over.

"Hey big man!" She smiled

I opened my arms for a hug

"Come here little woman."

She wrapped her arms around me as I did the same to her. We squeezed each other tightly as if this would be the last we would ever get of one another. She let go and looked up at me,

"I missed you."

I gave her a genuine smile, "I missed you too."

She released her arms from around me and started grabbing my luggage.

"So what's new?" She asked

"A few things."

We packed up my luggage into the trunk and hopped into the car. She started it up and got onto the road.

"Give me details" she hummed

"Well I got a scholarship to UGA and FSU to play football."

Her eyes widened, "That's awesome! Who are you going to commit to?"

I looked down, "I'm not completely sure. I want to come up here and stay here so I can be with my little man..."

She inputted with a sigh, "But..."

"But my girlfriend is going to Florida State, and I don't want to leave her."

She coughed, "Hmmm...girlfriend huh?"

"Yes girlfriend, who hates me right now."

I stared out of the window in depression. The more I think about her the worse I feel. I'm slowly losing her I know she sees it. I know he's an ex she still loves, and she didn't tell me about it. She didn't even tell me where he came from, who he was....nothing. But I guess I deserve that for being an ass.