Chapter 26~White Lies

I sat quietly filled with anger in Jilani's car. I was filled to the brim with rage and for some reason I couldn't calm myself down. How could the man that claims he loves me, lie to me about all of this. He has more than a lot of explaining to do at this point, I can kill his ass.

Jilani reached for my hand but I quickly snatched it away, "Don't even think about touching me."

"Seriously Teanna? You gonna do this to me?" He questioned

I turned to him in disbelief, "Are you fucking with me right now? Am I gonna do this to you? What about what you're doing to me with all this fucking lying? You could've been straight up and told me what was up. But no, you wanted to lie and make it one big ass secret that I couldn't know!"

He groaned as he gripped the steering wheel, "What else did you expect Tee, I know how you get. You like to dig and dig until there is no more left to find out. You will fuck around and get yourself killed, you think I want to look at your dead body laying in a casket? No."

"That's the only excuse you have J? You claim had I knew about this I would've been on some Nancy Drew shit, but guess what? I'm already having look for information on my own so I guess I'll just get myself killed! You have no idea what I would've done if I knew about this? Whose to say I would keep looking for more information?" I growled at him

He let out a sigh before coming to a stop a red light, "What is it that you want to hear from me Teanna? You know I love you and I'm just trying to keep you safe and away from this lifestyle. I couldn't risk telling you only because I was worried about your safety."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "What does that have to do with telling me the truth?"

"Say I told you and you started getting comfortable with it and started hanging around my niggas. Once my niggas catch on that your dude is a Serpent thats his head Teanna. I told you, I am not trying to see you dead in a casket because I know you would try to defend and protect him, you need to let it go and ride the wave."

"How'd you get dragged into the bullshit anyway?"

He was reluctant to respond but eventually he did, "I wasn't dragged into anything, its in our bloodline.

"Excuse me?" I crossed my arms over my chest trying to understand it all

"They call us Rango, Italian for spider. My dad is a retired Rango, and I and my brothers just followed the path we were meant to be on. Your dad is a Rango and so is Tevin, and so will Terrell, and so are you. You just didn't know it."

"Being a pathological liar must be your thing huh?" I mugged him as he continued to drive

He glanced over at me and shook his head, "You think I'm fucking with you?"

"Obviously" I muttered

We finally pulled up to the hotel and I grabbed my things including the envelope Jilani gave me. I opened up the door but he gripped my wrist before I could fully exit his vehicle

"If you don't believe me call Tevin, get the answers you want. But there is no denying it Teanna, you are one of us. You can't run from your destiny."

He released me and I slammed his door not making eye contact with him.

"Believe me I will" I grumbled as I stomped my way to the elevator. The ride to the 10th floor was agonizing as I thought of different ways I would kill Cas after exposing him for who he truly is- a liar.

The elevator doors finally slid open as I retrieved my key from my back pocket. I gripped the manila envelope tightly as I inserted my key to be face to face with the devil himself. I couldn't stand to look at him, and honestly I was on the brink of tears with all the the anger that filled me.