Chapter 30~Calm

Here it is! Another chappie. I actually proof read I this time. Enjoy!

I haven't left my room since we got home last night. The house was strangely quiet so I felt like this would be the perfect time to release the tears I've been holding in for about 8 hours. Trying to sleep last night was dreadfully painful and agonizing. Who would've thought that taking a life would take such a tole on mine. I cant close my eyes without seeing the man that I killed last night. He's haunting me and if this is God's way of punishing me, then he's doing a great job at it.

It doesn't make it any better that I cant talk to anyone about it. I cant go to Tevin because he just commended me on how good I was for my first kill. I cant go to my dad because this is what I asked for, and at the end of the day he'll see me as weak. My friends cant know about the other part of me so I'm stuck all alone. 

That's what I get for trying to be little miss bad ass

Against my own will the tears started falling and I just let them escape from my eyes while I sat in pity for myself. I killed him but he was a bad guy, he deserved it right? All those terrible things he did, he needed to die. The world would be much better without him.

I sound like a fucking dictator or some shit. Fuck. I just ruined myself 

My tears continued to fall and I just laid in my bed, head up to the ceiling trying to wrap my had around my newfound life. Rango, killing, the secrets; was this what I really wanted? My tears came to a halt as there was a soft knock on my door. Against my better judgment I opened it up to reveal my mom, looking at her daughter with tear stains on her face and a red nose.

"Follow me." Was all she said as she began walking down the stairs to the left of my bedroom door.

I didn't question her and followed her down to the sub level of our home. This was always my moms place and no one ever bothered her when she went down here. I don't even know what it looks like but I guess today is the day I find out. When she opened the door my eyes scanned the room that was completely peaceful and serene. It was well lit with candles everywhere and a waterfall in the center of the room. There were pillows on the ground and of course a station of tea, why am I not surprised about that.

Looks like someone has time on their hands

I turned to her slightly confused because I have no idea what I'm doing here or what she wants me to do.

"Sit." She gestured the pillow on the ground so I just followed her request and sat on it

My eyes darted around the room trying to take it all in, "Why am I here?"

She took a small sip from her tea, "I'm here to help with your problem."

You lost me mom

"What problem?" I groaned 

She stayed silent I guess waiting for me to talk but I just didn't quite get what she wanted to talk about

"Mom I'm not the one sitting here drinking tea acting as if I have something to discuss."