Chapter 8~Memory Lane

"He got a  bitch in another state?" Kam questioned in disbelief

"Yup!" I replied licking my frozen yogurt off my spoon

"I don't blame you for getting mad. Especially with all the bullshit you have dealt with. With D and let's not forget before Demetrius, Ro-"

I cut her off, "Don't even go there. We are not going to dig into past history. Of past loves."

"Well why not? You sit here in your own misery because of the 'men' you dated. You go through a relationship, it crash and burns, and you leave it as is; as if it never even happened. Tee if I know anything, I know that you have bottled up every and any past relationship you have ever had. You're running away from every heart break you ever experienced. You've been crushed and shattered and you've taken all your pain out on the next nigga. You need to man up and face the music Teanna. You either deal with it now, or let it haunt you later."

I sighed, "Wow...you actually gave me a speech."

"Remember you still are the baby."

 I let out a slight chuckle

"So let's start from the beginning Tee. Freshman year..."

Freshman year I was shy and to myself. I didn't want to be fucked with nor was I going to be fucked with. I had one goal; get in learn and get out. No boys, no bullshit, no drama. A quarter into the year everyone was pretty much making friends and that's when I met Kammy, Carter, and Jasen. And I was still a little goody-too-shoos, trying to stay away from the bullshit. But this one guy Darien came into my life. He was a senior and thought he was the shit. I saw right through the gigantic ass ego he put forth and the arrogance she clearly showed.

"Hey lil mama" he started with a grin

I peeked up slowly from the book I was reading, "Um...hi.."

"What you got there lil mama"

"Um...to you its Teanna, and its book if you just so happened to read. But I doubt that appealing to your advanced speech." I scoffed throwing darts of sarcasm into my voice.

He laughed, "Feisty. I love a girl like you. But you should know...Teanna, I'm Darien and I just so happened to be  very attracted to you."

"Attracted to me? Hmm...well is it my messy bun, my baggy sweats, or my cheerful Martha Stewart personality?"

My sarcasm was too real

He got closer to me

"Cute. I look forward to having a great year with you. Lil mama." he chuckled

I rolled my eyes, "Don't expect much."

"See you around lil mama" he finished walking away

"It's Teanna."

From then Darien officially irked my soul. He was 6'4, brown skin, and dark brown eyes. Braces but they fit him and had tight coiled curly hair that was light brown. Yes he was cute but he was a pain in the ass. He always bothered me and he never used my real name; it was always "lil mama" with him. But anyway, as time went by I actually grew accustomed to his personality and learned to like him. Halfway through the year we actually became a thing. He was y boyfriend and I was his girl. As much as I didn't want to let people know, most people did. We were doing great -but then it all came crashing down. On my 15th birthday; I will never forget this day.