Chapter 17~Loyalty

Kammeron

Kammeron

I was walking around the park with Niko just trying to soak in every moment with him before he leaves me for school soon. He got a basketball scholarship to attend Duke. Even though North Carolina isn't that far from Tallahassee, being a student athlete means no time and lots of bitches. Especially at a Division I school with a boss ass basketball team.

We were coasting hand in hand through the park just engaging in some small talk,

"So are you excited to play at Duke? New state. New environment. New skank hoes..." I started sarcastically smiling.

He looked at me and chuckled, "Kammeron nobody wants any of them girls up there. And yes I am excited to play college ball, so then I can get drafted and make you a WAG."

He grabbed me by my waist and I turned my face away smiling,

"I'm not being put through school so I can become a "WAG". I'm going to get my PharmD and make some mad cash with these pharmaceutical drugs."

"God bless whoever drugs you end up handling."

We both busted out laughing and I pushed him away flicking him off.

"Fuck you."

"Been there. Done that, unless you tryna do it again. You know I'm always ready mama."

He laughed while grabbing my ass planting at loss on my lips. "

But hey let me ask you something. What's up with Tee and that bitch made nigga?"

I let out a sigh, "We are not seriously about to have a conversation about them."

We stopped at a bench in front of a lake and he sat me down.

"Kammeron, yes we are. McKenzie is my bro. Gotta look out for him since he isn't here."

Well if he planned on getting information out of me, I'm most definitely gonna get something out of him.

"I'll tell you...once you tell me about Kali."

He rolled his eyes at me annoyed

I laughed, "So you wanted me to tell you about Cas not expecting me to ask about Kali? Teanna don't know her, yet there's McKenzie up in Georgia playing step daddy with her in her house with her real baby daddy living there too. I don't want to talk about it but since you insist, you better start singing like a canary."

He sighed, "Alright so I've known McKenzie since middle school and every summer he would go to Atlanta with his parents to visit a family friend just to get away from Miami for the summer. That's how he knows Kali. They basically knew each other since birth, way before I even met McKenzie. Now him an Kali started dating our freshman year of high school till about 2 years when he caught her in the act cheating with a nigga named Kalen. Now he's about 20 now. So last summer he swore up and down to his mom that he wasn't going anywhere near Atlanta with the whole thing that went down with Kali since he hadn't spoken to her since the year before and he didn't want to. So she forced him to go and he saw that she was pregnant with that nigga kid and he was nowhere to be found. Now Kali lost her dad to cancer when she was about 7 so she doesn't have a father figure in her life let alone for her son. So McKenzie being McKenzie, he stepped up and decided to be a father to Aiden. Then they started feeling each other again but not fully in a relationship. McKenzie's dad liked Kali don't get me wrong, but he kinda shamed her for getting pregnant so young since she was 15 at the time. He told McKenzie he wasn't going to be a father to anyone's baby and that they were going back to Miami immediately. So when McKenzie told Kali, she got hot and went to confront his parents about that shit. She was really fighting to keep McKenzie to help her and be a father and her man and McKenzie did the exact opposite. He was obedient to his father and they left the next day. After that Kali held a grudge against him because she said he didn't fight for her. But they got over it over time and they remained cool, texted now and again but that was it."