.:7:.

Yet another week of my stay at Irongate Prison had gone by and, surprisingly, It was not too bad. At least, with Vic here. Since the day we had spent in my room, we were inseparable. Vic stayed by my side most of the time, unless we were forced apart – which was only during the night, but sometimes even then he somehow found his way into my cell. So far, there were no more awkward encounters between us and I was thankful for that.

However, there was one downside to a week of happiness. Danny was back. He had returned from solitary confinement yesterday and stayed away, but shot me cold glares at any chance he got. Danny seemed extremely surprised to see me spending time with Vic. I guessed that no one really expected a wimp like me to be friends with the most badass person here.

Yes, 'friends'. I considered Vic to be my friend. He was more open with me than Ashley had ever been and I felt a lot more safe with him, because no one (except for those two wonderful idiots named Gerard and Frank) communicated with us in any way. They just liked to keep at a safe distance, in fear of probably getting murdered. Even when we came across people from other groups, they avoided us too. Maybe Vic's reputation was so bad that it had spread across the entirety of the prison.

Currently, it was the middle of the night and I was having trouble sleeping again. Usually Vic could keep thoughts of Copeland and Katelynne away, with his presence but, without him here, I could not help but think about them. My eyes were brimmed with salty tears, just imagining them all happy and carefree at home while I was here, rotting away. I felt pathetic.

I wondered if Katelynne's new man was in on everything. Did he know that she faked it? Was he aware of the fact that she was a mentally ill psychopath, who could snap at any moment and ruin his life? If so, then he was obviously just as maniacal as her. If not, then I felt sorry for him.

The only hope I had was the fact that karma was a bitch, who would one day slap Katelynne across the face and scream 'you deserved that!', in the worst way possible.

All of a sudden, the thoughts were gone at the sound of my door softly screeching open. I swiftly dried my eyes, even though whoever this was would not be able to see me anyway as it was extremely dark. Just by the sound of the person's footsteps, I automatically knew who it was.

Vic always liked to tread lightly on his feet.

"Do you ever sleep?" I whispered, sitting up in bed and pushing the covers off.

"Nope," he murmured lowly, moving towards me and gripping my hand in his. He pulled me up and dragged me towards the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked, as we cautiously stepped into the hallway. Guards were always patrolling the building, but there were no footsteps around, meaning that it was safe to move further on.

"I heard that they bought some new stuff for the rec room and I wanted to check it out," he informed in a hushed tone, leading me in the direction of the said location.

"Why now?"

"Because by tomorrow it will probably be broken." He had a point.

We made our way there and easily got inside, as there was no need for a lock on the door. The rec room was where Work Experience and other, generally educative, activities were held. Work Experience was quickly becoming my favourite time of the day, as all it did was give me a free four-hour period to do anything I wanted. Unlike the others, I did not even bother with actually doing anything there as, when I got out, there was no way I would find a job anyway. When he visited last time, a couple of days ago, Justin had informed me that he had no choice but to sell our music store, as people were not keen on buying things anymore because the previous co-owner was in jail. How the news had spread? I did not know, but I felt extremely guilty for it. And even though Justin assured me that it was fine, I knew that it really wasn't.