.:18:.

"And then you just drove away?"

"Yep."

Vic, Justin and I sat in Justin's small living room with empty bowls of cereal in our hands. We had just explained last night's events to him, over very late breakfast, and he was astonished. According to him, I seemed too innocent to ever do something so risky, and that did not surprise me. Only a few months ago, I was leading the perfect life. I never put a foot wrong, because I never put a foot out. However, all of that changed as soon as the things I cared about most were taken away from me.

Justin would be gone for most of the day and some of the night, as he worked from 5 pm to 3 am, so Vic and I would be alone in his apartment. He informed us that we were allowed to do pretty much anything, except look through his laptop's history. And I did not want to know why.

"What do you plan on doing next?" Justin asked curiously. "I can probably get you guys really cheap places to live and help you find jobs, even though that won't be easy to do with your faces all over the news, but what then? You can't hide for your entire lives."

He had a good point and Vic and I ended up discussing it last night, before we both fell asleep. We decided that the best and most important thing we could do at that moment was proving our innocence. We had no idea how we would do it, but it was a priority. We could not live our lives hiding in the shadows, in fear of getting caught and being thrown in jail for even longer. However, we also knew that we had to somehow get Copeland within a few days. Katelynne was leaving with her very soon and, even if we had nowhere to keep her, I needed her to be safe. It was a miracle that the child was still even alive. We wanted to rest for a few days and get a few things figured out, before we went to retrieve my daughter.

Also, the news about us was indeed becoming a very big deal. The local area was making it all sound a lot worse than it actually was, with calling us (especially Vic) 'ruthless psychopaths' and 'treacherous offenders'. Just like we expected, Gerard and Frank were barely mentioned. In addition, our faces were being publicised to the point where I was afraid of even looking out of the window. And that was why we could not do anything unless we were not classified as criminals. Although, after that, we would probably receive even more attention, however it would not be negative. It would probably mainly be people feeling sorry for us, for being forced into jail when, in reality, we were innocent. But empathy was better than hate.

Before Justin left for work, we ended up hanging out in his apartment and carelessly playing FIFA on his Xbox as there was not much else to do. I was not terrible at the game, but I still lost miserably to Justin and Vic. They were very competitive and, although they were generally friendly with each other, I could sense a little rivalry forming between them. In my opinion, it was quite cute.

It was slightly cramped in Justin's apartment, because it was not very big. He lived alone and had a girlfriend, but they were nowhere near the stage of moving in together, so he was in no need of a larger apartment. When it was one person or two people, it was fine; but three was a crowd.

When the time came for Justin to depart, Vic and I carried on playing the game. I could tell that he felt relieved by the fact that Justin was gone, but I did not want to question it. Maybe he was just wasn't fully comfortable with him yet. After all they only knew each other for a few short hours and did not directly exchange many words.

Vic was being nice and let me win a few rounds, even though he tried to play it off as if I was legitimately good at the game which obviously was not the case. However, at one point, I was so fed up with how badly I was losing to him that I grumpily snatched his controller out of his hands.