.:17:.

"Hey, I'm Pete," a hand reached behind from the front seat of the car, for us to shake. Frank, Vic and I (who sat in the back seat) grasped the hand and introduced ourselves separately. Gerard and Frank seemed to already be familiar with Pete, who appeared to be nice enough and did not have bad intentions.

In the cramped car, Frank had announced that he wanted to sit behind Gerard and I was soon to find out that the reason for it was to play with the man's long hair. They were an adorable couple. This left Vic and I in the other two places and, as he was smaller, I forced him to sit in the middle, which he was not happy about, but he looked like a cute grumpy child.

Pete had supplied us with a change of clothes, but putting them on was extremely awkward and uncomfortable. Somehow we managed to do it, by taking turns, and getting rid of that bloody jumpsuit was a huge relief. Now I was left in a pair of jeans and a hoodie, and the other guys wore similar things. I could not express how thankful I was towards Pete and honestly I felt like burden, so I kept apologising for 10 minutes straight, but he assured that it was fine and he was happy to help his husband's friends.

After about half an hour of driving, when we were a safe distance away from the prison, Pete spoke up.

"So, where am I actually taking you guys?"

Vic and I looked at each other in confusion, but soon realised that we had overlooked a major part of our escape. Where would we go next? My mum lived in Michigan and I could not make Pete drive us all the way there. According to Vic, his parents hated him. Also, his only friends had been slaughtered, so this left us with only one option.

"I think I have a friend who would be willing to help us..." I trailed off unsurely. I was certain that Justin would be keen to take us in for a while, but I did not want him getting into any trouble because of me. He was too kind for his own good, but I knew that he was the only person crazy enough to hide two prison escapees in his own apartment. And so I gave Pete Justin's address and he typed it into the navigation system, which showed him the way as he was not very familiar with these parts of Chicago.

As he was doing so, I felt something delicately brush against my skin. Looking down, I noticed Vic's hand slowly creeping into mine until they were both firmly intertwined. I never wanted to let go.

I looked up from our hands, my gaze meeting Vic's, and I could not help but give him my warmest smile which he returned with his own flawless one. I had not been this happy in weeks. Vic was able to give me hope, like no one had done ever before. Without him, I would be nowhere. He was my light in this overpowering darkness and he could not be more perfect.

During the drive to Justin's house, Gerard gave me his phone number so that we could stay in touch. I never wanted to lose contact with these guys, as they were some of the greatest friends I ever had. They were both so loyal and thoughtful, and it would be a shame to throw such a powerful bond away. But at least I would have Vic with me. Well, at least until he would inevitably leave as well.

After another solid 40 minutes of driving, during which I mainly gazed at Vic because I could not seem to get my eyes off him, we finally pulled up in front of a familiar-looking apartment complex. I smiled fondly at the building, recalling so many memories about the place. Justin had lived here ever since he moved out of his parents' home, which was around five years ago, and I probably spent more time here than at my actual house.

Vic and I stepped out of the car and both of us turned to wave at the vehicle, before it drove off.

"Thanks Pete!"

Then we speedily entered the dark building with our hoods up, in hopes of not getting recognised, and took the stairs up to the fifth floor, as there was no elevator. We were in front of the correct door, which was labelled with the number 21 in cursive writing, in no time and, instead of knocking, like Vic raised his hand to do, I barged straight in knowing that Justin never locked his door. That was a bad habit of his, considering this was not the most friendly of neighbourhoods but, as he once told me, he liked 'living life on the edge'.

I went straight for his bedroom, turning on each light along the way, because I knew he would be there and I actually wanted to be able to see him. It was nearly 4:30 am and Justin was probably asleep, until my loud entrance undoubtedly awakened him. I stepped into his small room, with Vic following behind, I found him sitting up in his bed with wide eyes, probably expecting the worst (like a serial killer).

"Justin!" I squealed, heavily leaping onto his bed and giving the man a huge hug which evidently caught him by surprise and knocked some air out of him. I had never been so happy to see him before. This almost felt like the time before I was arrested and my life hit rock bottom.

"Kellin?" He pulled away, looking ecstatic yet confused as ever.

"The one and only!" I exclaimed and pulled his shirtless body into another embrace; this time he was more responsive and wrapped his arms around me too.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in awe, a small smile playing on his lips when we decided that we hugged for long enough and decided to let go, mainly to not make Vic feel awkward. However I could see a hint of concern on Justin's face and I was not sure if it was concern for me or himself but, either way, he seemed worried.

"I escaped," I screeched in excitement, finally finding the hilarity of the situation.

"You what?" He snapped and I slightly winced at the sudden words.

"I escaped with Vic, Gerard and Frank. I've told you about them before, remember?" This time my voice was smaller than before, and slightly drained of hope. What if, in reality, Justin would not want to help me? Maybe I was too much of a burden. But, then again, no one would be keen on having guys who are wanted by the police in their apartment. I would not blame him if he wanted to kick us out.

Justin glanced behind me and I turned too, to see Vic leaning against the doorframe with an amused expression on his face even though he tried his best to hide it.

"Vic, this is my best friend, Justin," I introduced them. "Justin, this is my other best friend, Vic."

They wordlessly exchanged a kind handshake and a warm smile, which made my heart flutter knowing that the two people closest to me would probably get along. However Justin's attention was mine once again.

"Tell me everything that happened," he demanded, supposedly forgetting what time it was.

"Can't this conversation wait until the morning?" I whined. "I haven't slept in nearly two days."

Justin dismissed the subject and I offered to sleep on the floor, while Vic slept on the couch in the main room, but Justin was not having it and insisted that I slept here instead. However, I could not make either of Vic or Justin sleep on the hard ground, while I had the double bed to myself. Justin had already made his way to sleep on the couch and Vic was about to crawl onto the floor, but I stopped him.

"You can sleep with me, the bed is big enough," I assured, not aiming my voice in a particular direction as the light was off and I did not know where Vic was situated.

"No, it's fine. The floor isn't too bad," I heard him to my left.

"Yes, it is. Just come here!" I instructed firmly, completely fine with the idea of Vic being in the same bed as me. After all, we had slept close together whenever he would sneak into my room at night. Those moments always gave me so much comfort.

My ears perked at the sound of an exasperated sigh, before I finally felt Vic crawling into bed next to me. He carefully slid under the covers, not wanting to disturb me, and I unconsciously moved slightly closer until my arm was against his bare chest, as he lay on his side.

"Hey, Vic?" I whispered, fishing for his hand, in the dark, until I found it and softly laced our fingers together into one mould. I really liked the way his skin felt against mine.

"Yeah?"

"We made it," I giggled, then rolled on top of Vic only to snake my arms around him in a friendly way and he did the same. "I love you Vic, you have done so much for me. I don't think anyone had ever cared this much before. I can't believe it; we actually escaped!"