.:15:.

Once again, I was sat down at my usual table in the cafeteria, waiting for Vic to join me for dinner. I had not seen him at all today and Gerard and Frank were not present either. I begrudgingly poked at the slowly cooling food with my fork, without an appetite.

I had been feeling very lonely lately, and especially today. Vic did not eat breakfast with me and was nowhere to be found, so I had no one to talk to and spent the whole day at work experience, fruitlessly messing around with the piano and barely even being to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Today, the cafeteria was not as quiet as yesterday. In fact, it was booming loud with everyone chatting away. They all seemed so excited about something and my suspicions quickly peaked. This was jail, they weren't supposed to be fucking excited! Something must have been going on, but I did not care enough to listen in to any of the conversations. It wasn't my business anyway.

Finally, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a familiar small figure entering the room. Even though I was mad at him for abandoning me, I could not keep the grin off my face at the sight of him. Even something in my stomach fluttered slightly. However, as I looked up fully, my smile faded and the feeling disappeared when I saw who Vic was walking with.

Silently, with blank expressions, Vic, Gerard, Frank, Danny and Ashley all entered the room together. I almost felt my heart shatter. Was Vic replacing me? And for my enemies as well? I had probably gotten too boring for him and he decided that he had enough of me. It was no surprise as everyone would inevitably leave at some point, like most of my previous friends who betrayed me by siding with Katelynne, but it did not hurt any less. I was not good enough for him.

The small group parted, going separate ways and giving each other small nods. Vic, Gerard and Frank approached the table I was sitting at, which slightly relieved me. But what made me gain more faith was the warm smile Vic was giving me.

"I'm so sorry for not being here in the morning, I was really busy," my best friend apologised and slid onto the bench next to me, wrapping his arms around me in a cosy and reassuring hug which was all I needed, to know that he still cared about me. A slight pink tint fluttered onto my cheeks, from the touch, and Vic pulled away, sooner than I wanted him to.

"What were you busy with?" I nonchalantly asked, just as Gee and Frank excused themselves to grab some food for themselves and Vic.

"Nothing you need to worry about right now," he assured, but I was still not convinced. Of course I was going to be worried, after seeing him around Ashley and Danny. Ash was all talk and probably could not hurt anyone even if he wanted to, because he was nothing but a coward; and Danny was more clueless and dense than a day old foetus; but I was on bad terms with both and seeing Vic associating with them was quite heart-breaking. I felt betrayed, but I could not stay mad at someone as cute as him! ...Wait, what?

"Why were you with Ashley and Danny?" I kept interrogating him, feeling like a suspicious girlfriend.

"We were just discussing what will happen later tonight."

"And what will happen later tonight?"

"You'll find out soon," he dismissed, as if it was nothing, just as Gee and Frank reappeared and slid a tray of food over to Vic when they sat down opposite us.

I huffed out in annoyance, hating secretive Vic. I knew that I was being annoying, but I wanted to make sure that he was safe at all times. He was pretty much all I had now and I did not know what I would do if I lost him, so it was only logical for me to be very protective of him.

Clumsily Vic accidentally dropped his plastic fork to the floor and, with the level of hygiene in this place, it would probably give him AIDs if he brought it anywhere near his lips again, but he sunk down to retrieve it anyway. Littering was bad, after all! As he leaned under the table, I felt a touch on my skin, as his hand trailed up my leg making me jump.