.:19:.

"I think this is it," I mumbled, looking down at the piece of paper, which I wrote Katelynne's address on, then back up at the house. I was not sure what I was expecting, but it truthfully wasn't this – an average house. It did not look any different from the others on this street and not suspicious at all, meanwhile inside was a mother whose love for her additions beat the love for her child.

We pulled up a few meters away from the building and quickly went over the plan, while still in the car.

"Vic," I turned to the man next to me, who sat in the driver's seat," you're staying in the car. Call us if you think something bad is going on, but you can drive away if you really have to. No matter what, just don't get caught."

Vic and I did not talk much after Gerard and Frank arrived at our apartment. It wasn't so much because of awkwardness, but rather confusion – mainly from me. Vic was gay and he was already aware of that, whereas I was only discovering my possible bisexuality now. And this was not the best time for such a big change.

What Vic and I did was not kissing; it was making out. And without a gentle kiss from him, how was I supposed to know if, at the time, I was not only thinking with my dick? Every time I he touched me, or even looked at me, it was like I won a million dollars. Did that mean that I liked him? Did he like me? I needed to stop and focus on the task at hand.

"Frank," I twisted towards the backseat, where the short man and his boyfriend were situated, "you're keeping watch of the backdoor. Make sure no one except us come in or out of that house."

Vic, Gerard and I decided that it would be best if Frank received the easiest job. He was the smallest and probably weakest out of all of us (even with my girly build) and we did not want him to get hurt, so all he had to do was guard the back door.

"Gerard," I faced the last of my friends, "you and I are going in. We have to be as quiet as possible. All we need to do is find Copeland. She'll probably be asleep but, if she wakes up, we have to make sure that she doesn't cry or make much noise, because Katelynne will probably be asleep too and this will go a lot easier if we don't wake her up too."

One by one, we silently filed out of the car. I was the last one and, before I could exit the vehicle, I felt a hand latch onto my arm. I snapped my head in Vic's direction, just to be softly met with a pair of lips on mine. My breath caught in my throat and a wave of ecstasy almost made my body implode on itself. Wings were ruthlessly beating against the walls of my stomach and I had never felt this way before. However, as suddenly as it started, the kiss ended and left me craving more.

"Be careful, Kells," Vic whispered and I could have sworn that I screamed, on the inside, when he used that nickname. I had noticed that, over time, Vic's voice held less and less strain and misery. Was he finally accepting his life the way it was? Maybe he was becoming like me and looking for the small thing, which brought happiness, rather than the big picture, which showed grief.

I wanted to give him some words of assurance, but unfortunately I was speechless. Silence seemed good enough for him though, as he shoved me out of the car and towards the impatiently waiting pair.

The moth-drawing street lamps were our only source of light and they illuminated just enough for us to be aware of our surroundings. The three of us speedily made our way towards the two storey house and snuck around the back, trying to make as little noise as possible.

Out of the four of us, Vic was the only one who knew how to pick locks (due to his shady past), but he had to stay in the car so, while we were still at our apartment, he vaguely taught Frank how to do it.

We reached the backdoor in no time. It was significantly more difficult to see, as the glow of the lamps did not reach this side of the house and we had to rely on our own unadjusted eyes to guide us. Luckily I brought a torch, because I knew that this would happen, and shone it over the door's lock in order for Frank to see.