.:20:.

I did not want to open my eyes the next morning, in fear of finding out that the previous day was just a dream. It felt so real but, with my luck, it could have been a delusion. However, when I felt the warmth of another person in the bed, I was reassured.

It was a bliss, waking up beside one of the most important people in my life. But where was the other? As I opened my eyes, I wondered why Cope wasn't in bed with Vic and I, but soon heard the wonderful sound of her laugh and assumed that she was playing with Frank, because they could not do so yesterday – well, technically it was still today. I did not want to get out of bed and, if it wasn't for the fact that it was 2pm and Gerard was making breakfast for everyone, I would have stayed there, wrapped up in Vic's safe embrace.

When Vic and I finally managed to sluggishly drag ourselves out of our bedroom, Gerard informed us that he had been out to buy some basic supplies that we would need (I guessed that was where he got the breakfast ingredients from). I was quite jealous of him, although being jealous of such things was unquestionably ridiculous. He could go out any time he wanted, because his face was basically not shown on TV or newspapers at all, and he would not be suspected of a thing. People probably would not even give him a first glance, talk about a second one!

Just like I expected, Frank was occupied with entertaining Copeland, not that he was complaining. From what it looked like, they were engaged in a game of hide and seek because Frank was half-heartedly searching for the girl around the ancient living room. She was very obviously hiding underneath the coffee table, which stood beside the long, red couch, with most of her little body sticking out, but Frank was giving her the satisfaction of having to put 'effort' into finding her and she kept giggling. Apparently Gerard also bought some clothes for her too, because I noticed that now she was in a pair of white leggings and a pink top. I would have to pay him back when I had the money; I did not like the idea of him doing so many things for me and knowing that I could not currently give anything back.

Copeland completely forgot about the game she was engaged in as soon as she laid her eyes on me and crawled out from underneath the table, sprinting into my arms and nearly knocking me over. She was strong for a three-year-old.

"Hey, Cope," I chuckled, lifting her up into my arms, allowing her to peck my cheek. "Did you sleep well?"

"No," she tried to fake-pout, but could not hide her grin. "You and Vic squashed me!"

"Aww," I cooed, poking her tiny nose. I knew that she was lying, as she was the one taking up most of the bed last night with Vic and I having to sleep on the edges of the bed and found it difficult not to fall off, but I played along anyway. "I'm sorry, we didn't mean to."

"It's okay," she giggled and I placed her down, just as Gerard called us into the kitchen for breakfast. A large table stood in the middle of the room, so I guessed that it was originally a conjoined kitchen and dining room. We took our seats around it and Cope hopped onto Vic's lap, which I found beyond adorable. They were both very likable, so they easily clicked and were quickly comfortable with each other.

Before I had to leave for the four months, Cope was just starting to eat normal things, rather than the disgusting goo they call 'baby food', so I informed Gee that she could have what everyone else was having, which was bacon and eggs, just in a considerably smaller amount. Vic assisted her in eating and I felt slightly bad for him, considering I was her father and not him, but he did not seem to mind and actually looked like he was enjoying it. He also said that I needed a rest and honestly, he was right.

I happily ate my food, as my mind started wondering to our strange group's next objectives. We had Copeland, and Gerard and Frank told me that they would be staying for a few more days because Pete had to go away on a business trip and no one else could pick them up. I also could not drive them, because Justin needed his car. So our next goal was proving our innocence and, with the help of our two friends, it would be a lot easier to do.

But how could we do it?

We needed someone to confess to lying, or at least collect some solid evidence on the fact that they were not telling the truth. With my case, it was Katelynne; with Vic's case, it was Mike. The only other people who were aware of what actually happened between Katelynne and I were the three men in this room, Justin and the dozen or so people who backed her up. That did not help in any way, as none of the people who wanted to help me were present at the time and Justin's word was not enough.

And then there was Mike. There was no other way to have Vic's name cleared, except force Mike, or someone else, to confess. That was easier said than done though. We could...bribe him. Or threaten him. Or blackmail him! However we did not have anything to blackmail him wi- Holy shit, I'm a genius!

The brilliant idea hit me so hard it made me choke on my bacon and start coughing violently, embarrassingly spitting bits of food out of my mouth. Gerard was concerned and asked if I was alright, and patted my back, but I took a sip of my drink to clear my throat and ignored him, turning to Vic.

"I've got it!" I screeched excitedly, with wide eyes. "I know how we can get the police off your ass."

At my words, Vic's face seemed to light up in hope and he asked me 'how?' just as enthusiastically.

"Back at Irongate," I explained, rushing my words as if the flawless idea would disappear from my mind if I didn't, "when Justin came to visit me and we were in one of the meeting rooms, I saw Mike there too. He was talking to some girl and they seemed really close, like they were dating or something. Maybe you know her; she was quite short and skinny, blonde hair, hazel eyes."

It was like a spark was ignited inside of Vic, because his expression was instantly averted to one of total realisation.

"Alysha!" He exclaimed and I guessed that was the name of the girl. "Mike has been dating her for about six years now, but I thought they would have broken it off when he went to jail. I guess not. But, oh my god, you're a genius, Kellin."

"I fucking know, right!"

So my predictions were indeed correct. I suddenly felt smart, for once.

"We've got dirt on her," Vic carried on. "She was also involved with all the drugs and the gangs, along with Mike. Actually, I'm pretty sure she is the one who got him into it because her brother was the leader of some sort of huge gang, back in San Diego."

This was perfect!

"We can blackmail Mike!" I almost yelled, but remembered to keep it down because we did not want the neighbours to get suspicious. "We need to somehow get the message to him that if he doesn't confess to what he did to you, Jaime and Tony, a few years ago, we'll go to the police and tell them about Alysha and she will go to jail. And if he really cares about her, he won't let her go to jail and would rather do it himself. Does he care about her that much though?" I frowned.

"He loves that girl more than anything in this world. This might actually work," Vic confirmed, a large smile growing on his oh-so-attractive stubbly face, making me get lost in his eyes for a second and almost drool.

"What might work?" Asked the small and cute voice of the only female in the room. Copeland confusedly gazed up at me with those mesmerising, large eyes of hers and twisted around in Vic's lap.

"We're trying to get Vic out of trouble," I explained briefly to the child and gave a reassuring squeeze of her tiny hand.

"Will everything be okay?" Her eyebrows furrowed in the most lovable way and I could not help but 'aww' at her again. She was so caring for her age.

"Of course."

But would it really be okay?