.:21:.

I gave out a low moan, as Vic desperately pressed his warm lips harder against mine. We moved together, in sync, without missing a single beat and kissing him was so much more enjoyable than kissing anyone else. It was like our bodies were made for each other and fit like two perfect jigsaw puzzle pieces. But unfortunately we had to pull away and take a second to breathe, as our lungs were feeling like they were on fire.

I looked down at him, getting up from my position on his lap and grinned widely, hiding my blush beneath my blonde hair, as he gave me a quirky smile.

Earlier that day, Gerard and Frank had gone out to buy hair dye and coloured contact lenses for us. It was a cheap disguise, but they were the only currently affordable items for us and they were easy enough to find. They bought blonde and auburn dyes, and Vic said that he would look terrible with blonde hair and stated that he would rather remove his left eyeball than see himself with blonde hair, so I gave in and allowed him to take the darker colour. I did not mind that much anyway. Neither of us looked bad, but it was not the best either. However, Vic was always cute to me and that did not change. He also had to take the green contact lenses, as the only other ones were brown; we did not wear them in the apartment though because they got quite uncomfortable. The other three thought we looked great, but I was pretty sure they were being sarcastic - even Copeland.

Another important event was taking place that day: we were meeting up with Alysha. And by 'we', I mean 'I'. Vic could not do it, as she knew him in person and would leave as soon as she laid her eyes upon him. We also did not want Gerard or Frank to do it, because she could be dangerous and we did not want them getting hurt for us. Vic was not entirely happy with me going either, but it was better than the other two.

However, he would still not let me go alone and Frank offered to accompany me in case something happened, although I was pretty sure that it would be uneventful, while the others would stay and watch over Cope; Katelynne was still out there and would be searching for her and, with our story all over the news, it would not take her long to figure out who the culprit was. But what surprised me was the fact she had not filed a police report about her missing child yet and, if she had, no one seemed to give a damn about it. Maybe I was wrong and she did not care about Copeland that much - or at least enough to get the law involved. I found it quite ironic how she did all of this so that she would not lose her daughter, but look at her now!

We were able to contact Alysha quite quickly, as Vic had everything about her memorised. When I questioned him about this, he answered by telling me that he assumed the information would be useful one day. And he was right. So, we got Gerard to call Alysha and schedule up a time to meet up at a local-but-not-too-local café. As far as we knew, she was oblivious as to what this was about even though she agreed with barely any hesitation. We did not think much of it and decided that it was probably because she was involved with gangs and got these types of calls a lot so she was used to it and barely thought about it.

The public meeting was supposed to happen at 4 pm and it was nearly 3 pm, but I had to do certain things beforehand. For example, I could not just talk to her looking like I currently do - she would not take me seriously with my oversized tank top and trashy jeans. I had to look formal and professional so I asked Justin if I could borrow his suit, as both of us were quite small and it would probably fit me as well. The only time I had actually seen him wearing it at Katelynne and I's wedding, a few years ago. I had mixed feelings about the memory, as it was the day I made the biggest mistake of my life, but on the other hand it was an enjoyable experience and I got to spend time with friends and relatives who I had not seen in years.

And so Frank and I walked to his house, deciding to go straight to the café from there.

Just as we were leaving the apartment with Frank waiting outside, Vic, who had Copeland on his arms (I noticed that he really enjoyed being close to her and the feeling was mutual), approached me and gave me a quick peck to the cheek, which made me giggle like a child. He could always make me feel so warm from the inside and I sincerely hoped that I affected him in the same way. I did not know what I would do without him. He and Copeland were the centre of my world.