.:22:.

I exited the café without Frank, as planned, and he would tag along in a few minutes. Luckily, nothing unfortunate happened and he was not even needed in the end, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Alysha seemed quite stunned, when I left. She was obviously taken by surprise by the information I had. From what Vic told me, Mike was head over heels for her, but did she love him back as much? As cruel as it sounded, I hoped not. If she did, then she would not allow him to own up and would prefer to suffer through the consequences of her actions by herself, instead of basically making him pay for what she did. And, if that happened, there was not much else we could do, because no one except Mike could possibly plead guilty, right?

The walk home was quiet. I was a lot more confident, with my new appearance and a lower chance of getting recognised, but the atmosphere was gloomy. Sinister, grey clouds hung in the sky like an omen and spat pathetic raindrops at the world below them. Not a hint of sunlight was coming through and mouldy air poisoned my lungs like a toxic gas. The only sounds were the splashing of shoes in puddles and the engines of cars. No one spoke, no birds sang, no dogs barked. And, if they did, it was like a hiss which blended into the background. It was as if everything was drained from the modern magic it once held. As soon as I was content with something I achieved, the terrible weather had to ruin my great mood.

I sluggishly dragged myself through the rain, knowing that Justin would murder me for getting his outfit wet. He would also have to pick it up himself, because I was not willing to walk all the way to his apartment just for this. I knew that I was being selfish, but I had every right to do so as everything made me stressed out these days. It was like a single day could not go by without something huge happening!

Finally I reached the apartment and was about to insert the key into the keyhole, when I noticed that I did not need to, as the door was slightly ajar. It was not noticeable until I was standing in front of it, but the door was unmistakably open. I confusedly cocked my head to the side, but brushed it off. I must have forgotten to close it when I was leaving or maybe Gerard or Vic went outside and did not realise that they didn't lock it properly when they came back.

I shrugged to myself and pushed the door open, paying extra attention to locking it when I stepped inside. After all, we would not want anyone coming in without our knowledge. The only people who were welcome were those with a key.

Scratching the back of my head, I shook off lonely droplets of water from my damp clothes and made my way into the living room. Gerard was sprawled across the red couch, watching TV with his eyes never leaving the screen. He must have been really enjoying the show.

"Hi, Gee," I greeted softly and went straight into telling the story of how everything played out, while taking my shoes off and throwing them back into the hallway. "It did not go as bad as we expected it to. All we did was talk and there was no violence involved. Frank didn't even have to do anything! And, by the way, he should be here in about ten minutes."

I carelessly swaggered into the kitchen and grabbed myself a glass of water, while still telling the story, but a bit louder, so that Gerard could hear me over the sound of the television.

"Alysha looked genuinely surprised, though. She tried to stay calm, but I could literally feel our table shaking," I chuckled dryly, sipping at the common drink. I placed the water down and sauntered back into the living room to see that Gee had not moved from his previous position. "She was acting really cool and collected, but it was so obvious that she was terrified. I think this plan might actually work! I really hope she chooses to...are you even listening to me?" I snapped at the end, getting annoyed.

Gerard seemed to be more interested in the TV than in my story, even though it was extremely important. He stared at the screen with dull eyes and a composed expression on his face. He still wasn't paying attention to me!