.:Epilogue/Alternate Ending:.

This is more of an alternate ending rather than an epilogue, so don't read it if you were satisfied with where it finished (which none of you were lmao). I hope you enjoy it :)
____________

"Why did you lie about who killed them?"

The question was thrown at me before I could even sit down in my chair and hit me like a lightning bolt from heaven, almost making me drop to my knees. I gazed at Detective Manson, a lanky-but-scary middle aged man, in complete awe. I knew exactly what he was talking about and my very obvious reaction already made it impossible for me to get away with a lie. I was unable to make a single sound and my eyes were the size of the moon.

"I won't be repeating myself," he barked impatiently at my silence. "Now answer my question."

I was in a state of shock. There was no way in the world that he could have found out what really happened...unless Vic was dumb enough to spill. Why would he do that though? The idiot would surely get locked up!

The Detective made a sound of annoyance and I knew that he was serious about this. I tried to choke out some words, but my throat felt like sandpaper.

Sitting in his office like this made me quite uncomfortable. Everything was so high quality and expensive, which was a total contrast to where I had been staying for the last two months. My palms were sweaty and I was feeling faint, knowing that someone had found out the truth. I attempted to convince myself that maybe he was talking about something else, but there was only one possibility here.

"I...I..." I tried to spit out, but it was useless.

"Look, kid, I know that Katelynne was the one who killed them. When I was assigned to your case, the pieces never fit together well enough so, when everyone else stopped and couldn't be bothered to actually investigate so they believed you, I carried on, you know," he mused, leaning closer and examining my crumbling poker face.

I had met Detective Manson before once, but it was only brief so I barely knew him. All I figured out was that he was harsh and blunt but also informal and laid back.

"The hardly believable story of how you killed your boyfriend's friends," I blushed at the word 'boyfriend' as I was pretty sure that Vic and I weren't even that. Although I wish we could have been something more, "the fact that Katelynne was wearing plastic gloves; how Gerard had, for some reason, been dragged across the hallway; Copeland's blood all over Vic. The others were too quick to jump to conclusions and believe your story, so that they didn't have to work overtime, but I decided to stay and research more," he explained intently.

I sat still and listened to each word, careful not to miss a thing.

"But questioning two important people brought me to the conclusion that you are innocent: Alysha, Vic's brother's girlfriend; and Katelynne's ex boyfriend, the man who she cheated on you with. Alysha fucked herself over by accidentally slipping out the words "Vic killed them, it wasn't Mike" right after I showed her my detective badge. That got me really thinking: why would she mention that in the first place, when what we were talking about was completely irrelevant. And, if you apparently killed them, why would she mention Vic or Mike in the first place?"

Was it awful of me to feel slightly relieved by the information? Of course! They probably had no evidence of Vic's innocence and we would be back at it again with swapping places - one in a jail cell, one in a comfy bed.

"Then we used some of our best interrogators to get more information out of her and found out all about the gangs and the drugs that Mike had been involved with," I was informed.