.:12:.

"Oh my god, Vic!" I threw my arms up, all of my fear now gone and replaced with annoyance. "As soon as I thought you might have had a good excuse, you just say 'I didn't do it'. I can't believe you're still lying to me. Was everything you ever said to me a lie? How do I know you're not actually 32, or 16? Maybe you're not called Vic Fuentes. Or even better, you might not even be a man for all I know!"

"Kellin, stop being such a drama queen," Vic chuckled dryly, being his usual facetious self. "Let me explain, before jumping to conclusions."

He looked to me for approval, but I just rolled my eyes and grumpily crossed my arms over my chest. I was not a drama queen.

"Fine," I muttered.

"It's a long story," suddenly the mood dropped from a teasing to a glum one, "but both of us have quite a lot of time." He took a deep breath, before properly beginning. I only wanted an explanation, but maybe it was easier to tell me chronologically. "It all started five years ago. I didn't lie about anything, including the fact that I became a librarian after quitting college, because I couldn't afford it. I always wanted to become a lawyer, so having to give up on that because of financial difficulties kind of sucked."

I was confused. How did this have anything to do with the three – or rather, two - people he murdered? This only made me lose more faith in him. Vic probably had something evil planned and was just dragging it out by telling this pointless story.

"I became really depressed. Like, I wouldn't eat, sleep or communicate with anyone. It really sucks when everything you've worked for so hard, is taken away from you because your parents are too egotistical to help you with anything even though they know you can't do it yourself..." He trailed off at the end, probably realising that what he was saying was not exactly necessary, although I wanted to know more about it. I still let him carry on though. "So, after not contacting him in months, I started talking with my brother, Mike, again."

"Do you have any more brothers or sisters?" I asked, just to be completely sure.

"No, it's just Mike and I. So, basically, Mike introduced me to his friends: Tony and Jaime. They were both really cool and, as soon as I met Jaime, we hit off straight away."

I was not sure if I wanted to really hear about Vic's love life as, whenever he talked about this Jaime guy, his eyes lit up with a dead spark and it almost made me ache inside like someone was mercilessly poking needles through all of my vital organs. It was as if he still hoping for something which would never happen.

"Even though we were quick to fall in love, we knew that it was a forever thing," he mumbled dreamily, softly smiling at the memory which only tugged on my heart strings. In the bad way. "Tony was also really awesome and we spent a lot of time together. It was basically the four of us, Tony, Jaime, Mike and I; we were inseparable. We did everything together: Mike and I lived the same house, the four of us started a band, we went out together every day. They were like my escape from the problems and the depression. They made me feel alive and so happy again. But then it went downhill."

Vic's face completely fell at the recollection and all I wanted to do was just go up to him and embrace him in a warm hug, but I fought against the urge to do so.

"We started doing things which we regretted later; mainly drugs. It was all for fun and they weren't heavy drugs, at least not for Jaime, Tony and I; but Mike, he always wanted more. He moved onto the more serious stuff. He took cocaine, heroin, cannabis. It all started getting out of hand for him and, before we knew it, Mike was involved with even worse things: gangs. He was constantly around dangerous people and we were really worried. He claimed that all he did for them was deliver and receive packages and it was completely safe, but it was quickly escalating to something beyond his control."