.:13:.

Everything had mostly gone back to normal with life at Irongate Prison. Vic and I were best friends and our relationship had developed into an even stronger one. He was my light in the darkness and I did not know what I would do without him by my side. After opening up to each other, we were extremely close and spent every minute we could together. I swore not to tell a soul about Vic's innocence and he made the same promise to me.

All prisoners, except for Gerard and Frank, still avoided us like cats avoided water although, after the scene on the football pitch, everyone gave us suspicious looks. They knew that something was up, but no one dared even whisper about it in our presence. Just like Vic had said, being feared by people had its pros.

The only negative difference in our friendship was how I found myself watching what I was saying, more often. I did not want to accidentally blurt out something that reminded Vic of the events which lead to his imprisonment, so I was more careful around him. Not because I was afraid, but because I did not want to see him hurt all over again. And, when he was hurting, I was hurting too.

Whilst Vic and I were happily – yes, happily; it is possible to not be depressed in jail – eating our breakfast in silence, just enjoying each other's presence, someone loudly cleared their throat and everyone's heads snapped to the man at the entrance to the cafeteria. Without surprise, it was M. I had learned that it was his job to manage our group (group C) so, whenever he had some news, he would arrive during breakfast or dinner when all of us were present.

"Hey, everyone," he casually greeted as soon as we all quietened down, running his fingers through his slick hair and fixing up the thick rimmed glasses which relaxed on the tip of his nose. He was always a laid back guy and actually treated us like human beings rather than caged animals. "I have some news. For the next couple of weeks, your sector's courtyard will be under construction, because we feel like expanding it would be a good idea. After all, you do have the smallest courtyard in the entire prison..."

And it was true. Each group had their own outdoors area and, as our group was the smallest (consisting of barely 70 people), we also received the most petite courtyard. None of us really complained as, even with the odd fight or argument, we were apparently the 'best behaved' group out of all of them. And there were four groups.

"As you may have figured out already, you will not be allowed to go out into the courtyard, as that is a violation of the health and safety rules and we wouldn't any of you to get hurt." A grumble of annoyance echoed throughout the cafeteria, because no one was in favour of the idea – even me. I had found myself spending more and more time outside, as it was very calming. Of course, there were always the obnoxious noises of my fellow prisoners, but I had learned to tune them out. The days were also starting to get warmer, and spending time inside of a stuffy building which had no air conditioning was beyond torturous.

"I know, I know, everyone deserves to go outside once in a while. So, instead, we decided that it would be best if, for the next few weeks, you shared a courtyard with group A. They have the second-to-largest one so it makes sense to do it that way. You will be using their courtyard from today, up until I inform you to do otherwise. Everything else stays the same. That's all for now." And then, Officer M Wentz left.

To me, it was quite obvious why we were allocated to join the second-to-largest courtyard even though the largest one would have been the most convenient. The biggest one belonged to group B and, as far as my knowledge went, Mike was part of it. They obviously did not want to start any more unwanted conflicts between the Fuentes brothers and decided to keep them as far away from each other as possible.

I was sure that everyone was intrigued by the idea of staying with another group. I had never been on the A courtyard, but apparently it was five times the size our ours; had a huge field for playing sports, contained plenty of training equipment; and the group consisted of around 400 people. However what worried me most was the fact that group A had a reputation of getting into a lot of trouble and not following the rules.