.:9:.

As I finally snapped out of the utter shock of the strange situation, Vic was already halfway across the courtyard. I scrambled to my feet and chased after him, frantically calling his name. I was sure that he would do something which he would regret soon and I did not want Vic to be in trouble. Yes, he already had a life sentence, but they could take away his privileges or lock him up in solitary confinement and I hated the idea of being alone.

Also, I did not want him to get hurt in any way. This guy was about a foot taller than him and, although he was quite skinny, he looked like he could pick me up with one hand.

Vic was running , just like me, and I had no chance whatsoever of catching up to him, as he was a lot fitter than me. I looked up at the man, whose eyes were still glued to Vic's, and he looked careless as ever. Did he not know who Vic was or what he could do? Well, technically even I did not know that but I had a good idea of what to expect.

Sprinting through he huddles of people who fearfully stepped out of his way, like a bullet through a flock of doves, Vic's body collided with the other man's sending them both to the floor. The taller of the two seemed breathless and almost surprised, as if he had not expected such a thing. And neither did I. Vic obviously had some muscle on those attrac-...I mean, strong arms of his, but I had certainly underestimated his abilities

Vic proceeded to straddle the man and relentlessly throw bitter punches across his body as if it required no effort at all. The way he raised his fist and lowered it with such force felt so wrong to me. I had never seen this violent side of my friend and I honestly did not enjoy it in the slightest. But, after all, there had to be a reason for why everyone was so scared of him.

"Please stop," I cried out, completely ignoring the forming crowd around the scene. My words, however, seemed to only fuel Vic's malevolence, as he punched with more power. Before another second had passed, a couple of officers were pulling a kicking and screaming Vic off of the other male who would surely be left quite sore. It was nothing compared to what Danny had done to me, but I knew that it was still bad.

This made me think that maybe, after that incident, the police were more cautious about things like fights and that was why they were here so quickly. Did they finally start using the fucking cameras? It was slightly unfair for me though, as I had to deal with the situation myself and the only person who came to help was another prisoner.

"I will kill you!" Vic yelled at the top of his lungs, struggling against the two officers, and giving the tall, battered male the most bloodcurdling glare in the world. And, even though it was not directed at me, it still made me want to cower away into a corner.

"You ruined my fucking life," he roared once again but, before any other words could have been exchanged, he was forced into the building.

I had not realised that I had been holding my breath the entire time, until my head started throbbing from the alarming lack of oxygen and my vision started going blurry. No, no, no, no, no! Why would Vic ever do something so stupid and reckless? Now he would be punished severely and I was terrified for him. Maybe if he had not hurt the man too bad, then the punishment would not be too severe for him.

I rushed over to the tattooed male, who was now sitting up and breathing heavily with his hands clutching his stomach. I kneeled down next to him, desperate to see if he was alright. Not because I cared about him – as egotistical as that might sound - I just did not want Vic to be in trouble.

"Are you okay?" I questioned frantically. I had to know.

"I've been better," he snapped, sending me a cold glare and making me flinch away.