The White Witch

Aloe's POV

Yes I have been to Narnia before. When my parents first bought this house, they were very young. They said they were only seventeen and married. They had found Narnia, through the wardrobe, and had become King and Queen. They ruled for many years until the White Witch invaded. I was born in Narnia; however, nobody would remember me there, because I was only a baby.

One night the White Witch's army invaded Cair Paravel. It was a frightful night. My parents were off fighting when the Witch found me in my cot. She didn't largely harm me, but she did leave me a scar on my neck that still existed now. My parents fled Narnia and returned through the cupboard. Their only fear was that I wouldn't be able to pass through the cupboard. Thankfully, I did. Since then we have never spoken about Narnia, however hope still remained within us all.

I was so happy when Lucy had said she found Narnia. I knew that one day somebody, whether it was me or someone else, would find it through the wardrobe. Although I never really remembered anything from being in Narnia, the thought of it makes me long for it more. It was only going to be days before I return there.

***

Tonight I was going to show Edmund Narnia. I knew it was open, because I saw Lucy creep from her room and watched her enter the wardrobe. I'm not a stalker, but I was curious, so I followed her. Of course I didn't let her know I was there, but I followed up until the part where the back of the wardrobe would be.

"Edmund!" I whispered through the door, "Come out, it's Aloe,"

Edmund opened his bedroom door. I could see he was wearing a blue dressing gown over his pyjamas.

"Aloe?" he asked me, "What are you doing here?"

Edmund closed the door, so that our conversation wouldn't wake Peter.

"I'm going to take you somewhere, grab some shoes and a coat now hurry!" I instructed.

I didn't know how much longer the barrier would stay up, before it closes again. If we hurried now we could get through and have enough time to do something before dawn.

I dragged Edmund by the hand to the room with the big wardrobe in it. I could see that the sheets had already been pulled off and the door was slightly open. I felt Edmund stop as we came into the room. He looked at me with confused eyes.

"Do you trust me?" I asked.

"Of course," he replied.

I grabbed Edmunds hand and ran into the wardrobe. The wooden floor had changed into a soft powder like substance. I felt the trees leaves brush my arm and that's when I knew, we were in Narnia.

A smile grew on my face as I walked around admiring the snow. Narnia was more beautiful than I thought. The glimmering snow fell lightly to the ground as the trees swayed with the fresh wind. I looked over to Edmund who was enjoying the view more than I was. I giggled.

I balled up a piece of the fresh snow and threw it at Edmund. The impact of the hit scared him, which made me fall to the ground in laughter. My sides were hurting from laughing so much, but I was easily interrupted when a ball of snow hit me right in the face.

"You did not just do that!" I screamed chasing after Edmund.

"Oh, but I did," he replied laughing.

We were just chasing each other around the snow coloured wood for ages. It was times like this that would just remind me how good it was to just relax and have fun with those I loved.

I was in the middle of hiding before I was grabbed and pulled to the ground. It was Edmund. I smiled at his attempt to scare me. He offered me a hand and I gladly took it pulling us closer together. My heart beat quickened as our faces were inches apart. I found his hand wrapping itself around my waist before the increasing sound of hooves could be heard behind us.

I quickly grabbed Edmunds hand and pulled him to the ground as a sleigh being pulled by what looked like reindeers almost ran us over. I breathed a sigh of relief while I helped Edmund up.

I looked at him to assure that he was okay, only to be caught by the look of fear on his face. I turned around and saw a dwarf running towards us with a curved knife in one hand. It was only seconds before he had tackled Edmund and was holding him against his will.

"Edmund! I screamed letting out a strangled cry, "Leave him alone!"

"What is it now Ginarrbrik?" said the voice of the women who was sitting in the sleigh. I tried moving closer to where Edmund was being held in attempt to free him, but the dwarf pointed the knife at me, making me stumble backwards.

"Make him let me go!" Edmund screamed while struggling to get free from the dwarf's hold. If he were to struggle anymore the knife would could through his skin. The thought of that made me shiver.

"H-he didn't do anything wrong!" I stuttered frightened by the blade which was pushing deeper in Edmunds neck.

"How dare you address the Queen of Narnia" said the threatening voice of the dwarf.

"I didn't know!" Edmund shouted back.

"You will know her better here after!" yelled the dwarf before lifting the blade above his head.

"Edmund, No!" I screamed as the blade was about to hit Edmund.

"Wait," the woman in the sleigh said. Beads of sweat were forming on my forehead. Who knew that Narnia would be such a dangerous place once the Queen had invaded? Tears were forming in my eyes. I almost just watched my boyfriend who I knew I loved get murdered by a deranged dwarf. Talk about event of the evening.

I turned around to see a tall and pale woman. She was wearing a long dress which I assume was made from animal fur. She had a sickly blonde coloured hair which was pulled back into some kind of half up do. She wore a crown that looked like it was made of ice and was holding a wand like object in her hand. She was the White Witch, the one who attacked our kingdom. I knew I should hate her for what she did, but she was rather beautiful for a woman who didn't wear make-up. Or at least I thought she didn't.

Edmund and I stood up and I took his hand. I was relieved that he wasn't injured or dead more like it.

"What are your names son of Adam and daughter of Eve?" She asked looking at us both with a glare.

"Edmund and Aloenera," I answered for us.

"And how did you two come to enter my dominion?" She questioned with a bit more anger in her voice.

"It was me," I spoke up, "I brought us here,"

"I wanted to come back to Narnia after my parents left," I babbled.

"Who are your parents Aloenera?" the 'Queen' asked.

"They were King Ryan-Patrick and Queen Melissa," I replied bowing my head. I was a baby when they ruled, but as I grew up they would always tell me about Narnia as bedtime stories. I also had vivid dreams about Narnia too.

The Queen gasped. I stepped back a bit in fear that she was going to kill us. The White Witch was the current queen and from what my mother told me, she would kill anything and anyone who was a threat to her royal status. She looked at us astoundingly before her face softened giving us a gentle smile. Her mood swings were going to give me a neck ache.