Before your Eyes

Aloe's POV

I was floating. The feeling of pain could no longer be felt anymore. I was nothing but a figure dust. I had no feeling, no heartbeat and no life. I was dead. If I had known how calming death would've been I wouldn't have taken it so negatively. After all, I saved a life and that's all that matters to me.

The scene changed before me. I was in a bedroom, similar to ones at Cair Paravel. The four poster bed sat in the center room and was draped with white sheets and the original duvet was thrown onto the floor. A young lady who looked about 19 was screaming in pain as she clutched her legs for support. Maids were crowding around her bead carrying towels and hot water.

"Almost there your highness!" one maid encouraged. The lady bellowed in pain one last time before letting out a huge sigh of relief. The shaking whimper of a dashing baby boy filled the room as laughs of happiness and pride were made. The lady cradled the young boy in her arms while the maids cleaned up all the 'mess' that was made. He looked very much like her.

"Caspian," She cooed, "I shall name my child, Caspian."

Caspian? That name rung a bell. Wait Caspian! I was watching my younger brother being born from my mother. I wonder why I was seeing this, I thought that once you had died you would only revisit your old life in a matter of minutes.Maybe my brother was a part of my old life. but how? I really wish I had gotten to meet my brother at least once.

My mother was so young back then, and still looks it after turning 30. Is the time difference making her look younger? Maybe because she is destined to return to Narnia that she stays younger. So many questions went unanswered.

Seconds later, my frustrated father walked in and instantly rejoiced after learning that he now had a son. It hurt to know I wasn't fully my father's daughter. Although I loved my parents very much, it didn't make me feel any special knowing I was only a miracle to them from Aslan. I could have been made for any parent in Narnia.

The room started to fade and washed away in a wind like state. A field materialised in front of my eyes and saw that it was a pre-battle scene. On the right side of the field was an army that was enormous. There were miles and miles of hideous beasts that raged in anger. Meanwhile, the other side was calm. Every creature looked as if they were sick to their stomachs in war. Poor creatures. In the middle of the scene was a small group of people who seemed to be discussing something very intense considering they were on a ready and prepared battle field. I was instantly pulled closer to the scene.

"Go now evil wench and no harm will be done," a man I recognised as my father spoke loudly.

"Not until I get what I want Patrick," Jadis spoke.

"My love for you has far from gone, Jadis and it will never return. Now, leave me and my wife in peace," my father threatened. My slightly older mother was hiding behind my father in attempt to protect her week old son. I found this really stupid, because if the Witch calls for her army to attack, how were they going to escape that quickly.

"You have given me no choice Sir Ryan-Patrick-" Jadis started.

"King. King Ryan Patrick," he boasted unintentionally, "you must call me king as you are one of my many subjects, Jadis."

"Enough!" She screamed shaking the land. She began chanting some foreign spell over and over again while circling my parents. Many soldiers came up to stop this but he halted them.

The Witch gave an evil laugh before a scream erupted from my mother's lips.

"CASPIAN? Caspian, he was just here! What have you done you wretched beast?" My mother screamed through gritted teeth.

"I have banished your son just as your husband banished my love for him. But don't worry, because he will return to Narnia. However, he will have no knowledge of you and will grow up in the care of another family," Jadis explain thoroughly, "And don't even think about replacing him with another child, because from what I've casted, you won't be seeing another child being born for another eternity."

The satisfied, Jadis gave one last smirk before she and all of her army disappeared into thin air, leaving my mother and father in hysterics.

I hadn't realised that I was crying. If I had known that my younger brother had just disappeared like that then I wouldn't have reacted so harshly when I accused my parents of lying.

I didn't want to believe that dark magic was real when I was younger, because it scared me. So when my parents told me of how my brother had gone from their arms I laughed in their face and told them 'a baby can't just disappear mum'.

***

I didn't know how long it had been but I had been watching my life back for some time now. I watched my favourite snippets and some of my most feared memories. The fact that I couldn't really move or talk was really a drag. It felt as if I was watching a drama performance of all my life moments that had been edited to make then a hundred times more dramatic.

I rewatched the game of tig we had in the private garden. I rewatched the chase down the school hallways we had. It wasn't until I watched the sad moment of Edmund and I having an argument at the beavers den that I realised how much I missed all of them. It sucks to be dead.

A voice was calling to me. It was very faint and had a masculine tone to it. 'Aloenera' it called out to me. I had yet to know who was calling out to me, before I was being pulled into another dimension.

I was stood before the stone table I was killed on, however it was day time. I felt taller then before and my hair was much longer. I had golden henna on my hands and my nails were painted. I wore a long golden dress with a cut in the skirt so that I could walk freely. I heard trailing footsteps behind me and I instantly turned to meet the sound.

"Edmund!" I whispered happy.

He turned around in shock of my sudden voice. His clothes were stained with my blood and his eyes were red and puffy as if they had been crying all night.

He smiled that smile I had missed so much and I ran into his open arms embracing him with every living feeling I had left in me.

***

Edmund ' POV

The sun rose and I was still here waiting for Peter to get help. I couldn't sleep knowing that she was dead. I wouldn't go into a sleep where I was calm knowing that my only love died because of my foolishness. I laid Aloe's body on the cold stone before walking away. I felt a cold wind brush through my clothes and stopped in the path.

"There is no time to give up, Edmund. There is always hope," I heard Aslan speak in a quiet voice.

I turned around and without thinking about his words I spat the first thing that popped into my head.

"How are we supposed to have hope now Aslan? She is gone. You saw how she died. It was more brutal than any human being could have died," I screamed in tears.

"Calm down child," he whispered as an instant wave of calmness came over me.

"You see, when someone dies in the place of another on the stone table, their lives are lost and renewed in a form that makes them even more powerful," he explained thoughtfully.

"So she will awake?" I asked with hope.

"Indeed she will, but only in time," he replied, "Anyways, I must call your sisters for a special task. Edmund, I advise you leave for the battle fields before the sun rises directly above you. I know your brother would want you by his side,"

I nodded and walked in the opposite direction that Aslan was walking. The thought rang in my head. 'She will come back' I just wanted to be there when she woke. I wanted to be the first thing she will see when she comes back, but I knew where my duties lay. As much as I wanted to be there, I knew I had to be by my brother's side.

I walked quickly so I had enough time to get back to camp. That's when I heard it.

"Edmund!"

It was her.

I smiled in rejoice before running up to her and pulling her into a tight hug. I missed her so much it hurt my heart every time I thought of her, but now I have her here with me, and I wasn't going to let her go.