Return of the Walking Snowball

I was exhausted. We trained for another two hours. I needed to prep them for the upcoming war ahead of us. Although there hasn't been news of a war, I can tell there will be one. It will only be a few more days before the Witch returns for Edmund. After all, he has betrayed us and must be sacrificed. However, under no circumstances will he be leaving. Once his blood is spilt then Narnia's fate will perish.

The girls and I were taking a quick brake while watching the boys practice fighting on horseback. We laughed as Peter constantly taunted Edmund about keeping his sword in the air. This reminded me, I hadn't yet given Edmund the gift from Father Christmas. I will probably end up giving it him tonight. All Father Christmas' gifts were enchanted. They each had a special bond with their owners which make them more powerful. I have yet to find out what Edmund's will be more powerful in. Blocking? Hunting? Who knows?

"Peter! Edmund," Uncle B yelled as he ran towards their horses.

"Whoa horsey!" Edmund called trying to tame his frightened horse.

"My name is Philip," the horse retorted. Peter let out a small snicker before returning his attention back to the startled beaver.

"The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan. She's on her way here!" He bellowed. I knew it. She was here to claim Edmund's death. Over the White Witch I have no power; however I can stop her from taking Edmunds life. I knew the only way she would let him go was that if somebody else gave their live.

We gathered in front of Aslan's tent. A low murmur of insults could be heard as the 'Queen' was being brought in my some odd looking Cyclops. Meanwhile, the annoying brat of a dwarf that tried to kill Edmund when we first came here was chanting at us to bow down to 'the true Queen of Narnia'.

"Join me daughter," Aslan called to me. I gladly joined his side and watched as the walking snowball made her way towards us.

"You have a traitor in your midst Aslan," the witch spat. Murmurs were heard all around the gathering. Edmund looked at me guiltily. The Pevensies all look petrified. They had no idea of the intentions of the Witch with Edmund.

"His offence was not against you," I fought back. The Witch glared at me.

"Have you forgotten the laws on which Narnia was built upon, young child?" she accused cunningly.

"Enough. Do not cite the deep magic to us Witch. She knows very well. As do I, as I was there when they were written," father answered angrily.

"Then you know well then, every traitor belongs to me," the Witch commented proudly. Peter looked at me sorrowfully. I felt guilty for not telling them what was to come next. To be fair, there was nothing I could do about. I just wish we had more time before battle.

"His blood is my property," She cursed. Peter retaliated and drew his sword, pointing it at the Witch.

"Try and take him then!" Peter threatened. The Witch smirked at him.

"Do you really think mere force will deny me my right, little king?" She sneered. Peter lowered his sword looking rather defeated.

"Aslan knows that unless I have blood is the law demands. All of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water," She proclaimed to the gathering, earning whispers and gasps coming from every direction.

"That boy!" She shouted, pointing at Edmund "Will die at the stone table. As is tradition."

Edmund looked distraught. In fact, all of them looked quite worried. I knew that Aslan wouldn't let him die, but I doubted it. The witch had too much power, and our soldiers weren't ready for battle.