Loosing Edmund

Edmund's POV

Finally we were back. I could bring my brothers and sisters to the Queen and she will make me Prince of Narnia. Or at least that's what she said. We were at a different location to where the wardrobe was. Instead we were in front of a small hut made of sticks. I wonder who lived in there. It would have been so much easier if we had come through the wardrobe. There would be coats that we could wear.

Aloe's POV

"It's real!" Susan exclaimed.

"Don't worry, I'm sure it's just your imagination," Lucy said with a smirk.

"I suppose an apology wouldn't do for you," Peter suggested.

"No it wouldn't but this might!" Lucy shouted while throwing a snowball at Peter. A full on battle with snowballs broke out. It was honestly one of the best times I've ever had with the Pevensies, despite the fact that Edmund wasn't really joining in. Susan threw a snowball at Ed.

"Ow! Stop it," Edmund reacted.

"Oh come on Ed. It was just like our other snowball fight when we first came here," I explained softly.

"You little liar!" Peter snapped as he edged over to Edmund. Edmund snatched me a glance. I had told him that they weren't allowed to know we went with Lucy, because it would have put them all in danger. I told Edmund to lie if Lucy told Peter to keep them safe. And now he was getting shouted at.

"You didn't believe her either," Edmund tried to fight back.

"I apologised to Lucy," Peter reasoned, "Say you're sorry!"

"ENOUGH!" I screamed. The four of them looked at me with wide eyes. I could hear the birds flying from the trees. I hadn't used that tone of voice since I smacked Jamie back in school time.

"Stop fighting! I told Ed to lie, because I wanted to protect you. If you had found out sooner the White Witch would have took you and killed you. The prophecy would have failed us all," I explained quickly, "Now you two make up, because there are some people I would like you to meet."

I knocked slightly on the door of the wooden den and waited. I haven't been to this house by the river in a very long time. A few seconds later, two familiar beavers opened the door.

I was young then, but I grew twice as fast according to my parents. When I was one year old, I was the same size as a three year old. That's why now I am fourteen in a sixteen year old body. I could walk and talk by that age. My mother told me I was a handful, so they would drop me off at the beaver's home every weekend. I got used to calling them auntie and uncle B.

"Auntie B! Uncle B! It's me Aloe," I introduced. There shocked faces stared at all of us.

"Oh, Aloe you are all grown up," Auntie B said, "And your friends! The prophecy will come true,"

"Oh yes, this is Peter, Lucy, Susan and Edmund," I announced each one of them shaking the beaver's hands. They let us into their humble den. It hadn't changed much since the last time I saw it. It was dimly lit and hid cute little decorations to it, which made it feel like home.

"I made your favourite Aloe!" Auntie B echoed, pulling up a tray of my favourite sweet potato chips. Everyone was very hungry, so we all took a few pieces while indulging in a small conversation.

"Aslan is on the move," Uncle B said in a small whisper. All of us looked at him with interested faces.

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asked. I knew there was something I hadn't mentioned to him about Narnia. Uncle B chuckled loudly, obviously think that Ed was joking around. We all looked at him strangely. It wasn't until Auntie B nudged him that he realised Ed wasn't joking.