The Battle:For Narnia

Peter's POV

My mind will never forget the harshness of how Aloe died. Every minute, Every second and every scream brought me anger, pain and loss. For the first time in years I cried from my heart. It hurt to see her go through so much pain. It hurt to see Aslan sitting back, watching his daughter die. And most importantly, it hurt to see my brother go through so much heart break. I left Edmund to spend his last few moments with Aloe, however I hoped he would come back and fight with me. I wouldn't be able to do it without him.

I knew that a battle would be next. And like Aslan said, I was the one to lead them into battle. I didn't want to bring most of our soldiers to their deaths, but I knew that if it wasn't me, then who? I wasn't going to let Narnia suffer under the White Witches blade. More importantly, I wasn't going to let my younger brother suffer any longer than he did before.

When I had returned back to camp later that night, I had ordered Orieus to wake all of our soldiers and deliver the news to them as a whole. I was too weak and too nervous for the next morning. I constantly paced around the room and cried whenever it came to mind. I ended up not getting any sleep that night, however, just when I was about to, Orieus and some Minotaur had come to my tent to seek my orders.

"Your Majesty, We seek your orders for the upcoming battle. We advise that you lead us into battle, just as Aslan once did," Orieus proclaimed.

I nodded and we got to work. The sun was just rising and so far we had the whole plan figured out. We would not make the first move as that would only cause us more trouble. Seeing all of Jadis' soldiers, they are much more angered and vicious than our armies, and I was very thankful of that. Once the enemy calls their charge I will call ours soon after. Once our troops have collided and things settle, we will use the phoenix as a last resort to separate us from the enemy if we are falling back. We will then draw them back to the rocks for extra support.

This was going to be a long war.

***

I sat impatiently on my unicorn with Orieus by my side. Beads of sweat were falling down my forehead. I was as nervous as Edmund after breaking mum's vase, and he never gets nervous. I looked over the never ending crowd of soldiers that Narnia's army was about to face. Each one of them was jeering and glaring at us with greed and anger. Our side, however, was silent as the fear and pressure had now come over them.

Gryphon and many other griffins had swooped over our army, Gryphon coming to us with news. 

"They come your Highness, with numbers and weapons far greater than our own," He reported in a worried tone.

"Numbers do not win a battle," Orieus informed trying to comfort the nervous griffin, but failing.

"I bet they help," I replied quietly.

I drew my sword, Rhindon and a centaur blew a horn signalling that  we were now prepared. Everyone cheered and shouted their war cries for the last time before battle.

"Are you with me?" I asked Orieus for support.

"'Til the death," He replied with a smile.

I was about to shout for us to charge when a brown horse came riding up in front of us. It was Edmund's horse, but who was the stunning lady riding upon it? It can't be, I watched her die. I watched her scream all those times. The pain suddenly returned to me, until she rode Philip all the way to my side.

"Not going to start a battle without me are you?" Aloe asked oblivious to the fact I had thought she was dead.

"But, you were dead, you're not ready for battle Aloe," I replied worryingly.

"Don't worry I'll explain it all one day, and besides I have a golden chest plate underneath my dress as armour," She explained carelessly. I gave her one last reassuring smile before she drew her sword,Stephlin.

"For Narnia!" We both screamed at the same time. All of our soldiers cheered as we charged towards the approaching enemies, waiting for our life's destination, whether it be death or victory.

**

Aloe's POV

I rode Phillip further onto the field, as the archers shot their arrows at some of the approaching soldiers, just as planned. Already, soldiers from the other side were falling injury and in death. We might actually have a shot in winning this war.

Once our warriors had met the others, it was more intense than anything. All around me narnians were dying already. However, I had to keep it together, for the sake of Narnia and it's future. I jumped off of Phillip and told him to escape to Edmund who was on the cliff with all the archers on. I was originally going to be by his side, but I explained how these narnians were my people from the very beginning of my birth, and that if they were going to fight, I would be there by their side.

I saw a walking pig, looking thing approaching me rapidly with a battle axe. Good, I knew How to handle these. The trick was to aim for the shoulders since that was where all their power to swing was coming from. If you damage one shoulder, then the weapon becomes useless. The pig swung at me, but was so off balanced that I knocked him over using a kick to the chest and then stabbing him in the shoulder. He wailed before falling limp from an arrow shot by another narnian. I smiled at them before heading off in another direction.

There weren't many enemies in my range so I decided to help others out by shooting some of the soldiers who were attacking narnians. I shot a dwarf in the back who was challenging a centaur with a sword. I shot a minotaur once at the back of the knee and then again in the head. Before, I could shoot another arrow, Edmund had sent the signal for phoenix. It cut through the huge crowd, cutting off the enemies from us. Narnians cheered as the white witch and many of her followers were cut off from us. The white Witch found the fault in our plan. She used her ice wand to destroy the burning fire, although not really possible. The faces of my warriors fell as the followers of Jadis charged at us once again. 

I challenged an old looking dwarf who was already injured by the looks of it. He came at me with a dagger and three throwing knives. He tried striking my upper arm, which were my weak spots, but I quickly dodged it and kicked the dagger out of his hand and then doing a back walkover to avoid any more damage he could do to me while being that close to me. He took out his throwing knives and threw them strongly in my direction. One missed my head by miles, while the other was thrown directly at my stomach, scraping my hip, however bouncing off of my breast plate. I winced in pain, as the dwarf lept for joy. He cackled evilly, giving me enough time to pull an arrow from my quiver and shooting it at him.

I looked around the battlefield. I had wandered far from where we had started. Most of my soldiers were injured or dead. We weren't going to win if we stayed back here. I knew that the other half of our army was stood on the cliff watching, but our archers won't stand a chance against battle axe- bearing Minotaurs. I quickly thought of an escape route. We could drive them into the nearby forest? No... that would cause even more distress being surrounded by trees. We could draw them towards the rocks! Therefore, we would be nearer to camp and to any extra soldiers who are part of the archers. 

Griffins flew over the battlefield dropping large boulders onto the fighting soldiers. Narnians fled instantly, which I was glad of, because I would be devastated to know that some of our soldiers had gone to their deaths, because of our own plan. It half failed and half succeeded. Many of Jadis' warriors saw the griffins coming and shot them down dropping them and the boulder. About seven boulders landed successfully crushing Jadis' soldiers.

"Retreat to the rocks!" I yelled, ending in most of the narnians following my orders. Surprisingly, I found my way back to Phillip. Apparently, he had been waiting a few feet away from the fight incase I needed rescuing. I tried to argue with him, telling him I didn't need to be rescued, but it was on King Edmund's orders.

Jadis looked mortified. Her troops were losing now thanks to the griffins. I looked at her confused face only to see her daughter materialise right next to her. She whispered in her daughter's ears before letting out a laugh and heading for my direction. Brilliant. I not only had the 'Queen' on my back but also her malicious daughter.

 I needed to destroy the Witch. But how? her daughter will always step in and get the best of me. I bet Peter will try and attack her, but he would, just end up getting himself killed. I needed to do this. It was now or never, and never wasn't an option.